Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Monty meets Mr Rabbit

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    During a catch up with family when we had some hot weather, Monty got to meet a pet Rabbit. The Rabbit is used to dogs and was really good friends with Harley, they used to love to sit together. Monty though was a little too excited and really wanted to play so to be safe we had to make sure the rabbit stayed locked up.
    As we had to stay outside so we could distance the girls had an awesome pop up tent for Monty to sit in when he needed to get out of the sun :lol:

Monty147.jpg
    Monty148.jpg
    Monty149.jpg
    Monty150.jpg

Hanne, DianeP, RikyR and 12 others like this.
  2. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Adorable!!!!

Darren, JacqueZ and Piper's mom like this.
  3. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Cute, little guy, who could have guessed just how much mischief lurked inside. :)

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    This is so adorable. We used to have pet rabbits here as well and they always got along fine with my Shelties and even the cat. And I love the little pink tent just for Monty - how thoughtful. Wait - sun? In England??? (And I say this having lived in London in the 70's for 6 months - Jan to June and NO SUN!)

Hanne, RikyR, Darren and 3 others like this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that is cute- maybe with more visits, Monty would be less excited and more chill with the bunny:pop

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Adorable Darren, and I love the tent! My boys would absolutely NEVER get along with a rabbit, pet or wild! We have so many rabbits here (especially this year) and I will admit I encourage them to chase them out of the yard (hoping they'd stay away that way) so when they see them on a walk they always want to chase lol.

7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    How cute! Love how Monty introduced him to Mr. B!

We see a momma and now her two babies often on our morning walk. They've gotten so that they will allow us within say 5 feet or so of them. Brodie has gotten so used to seeing them that he no longer tries to lunge at them. Squirrels, now they are a different story, and he can't even hear a chicken without going crazy - think he remembers when our oldest introduced him to a flock on a farm. We're thinking of getting a few laying hens....

Chris, Darren, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  8. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Mr. B needs to stay safely away from a rabbit though, just sayin'.

9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    :yuckyuck

Sharon7 and Darren like this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So adorable... the adventures of Monty and Mr. B never cease! I was only trying to say Hi to the bunny...
    Love the tent!

Sharon7 and Darren like this.