Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Monty proofing continues

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Ugh sooooo Monty has a game he likes to play when he gets excited...he runs and throws himself into my front door...this then makes my letterbox knock so he then gets to spin and bark at it :rolleyes2:.

The problem is he bounces hard off the door, sometimes even head first.... The last thing I want to do is have him hurt himself AGAIN....so first thing I did is cover my door with bubble wrap to try and pad it a little....I then added some foam strips.....this helped but didn't stop him throwing himself off the door a few times a day.....Sooo next step, I learned that Monty does not like balloons so I got a couple and have attached them to the door. The store only had space themed balloons but they'll have to do :lol:

This has finally stopped him jumping into the door but now looks like everyday is a party :lol:. Just wait until I pop one accidently opening the door to someone, they'll get the fright of their lives :o1

20211017_131627.jpg

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    OMG Darren, your Monty posts always make my day. :lol::lol::lol: Just when I think I have my hands full with six, Monty proves again that sometimes one equals a dozen LOL! Your balloons are hilarious but effective, good for you! If you get tired of them, maybe try duct taping something like padded chair pads to the door. Or if all else fails, put a baby gate a few feet in front of the door so he can't run into it. Just a thought. I had to put gates in front of all my family room windows to stop the herd from careening into them possibly through the glass when the UPS man dares to approach. I don't blame you for worrying about his kamakaze runs! :eek2:

trini, Darren, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    I was gone at bubble wrap. Could be my personal Monty post reading record!

Chris, trini, Darren and 5 others like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm afraid I'm at a loss for words.... :lol: Very ingenious though, Darren. Maybe you could save yourself some trouble by bubble-wrapping Monty? :winkgrin:
    I bet if he somehow pops one of those balloons that will put him off the front door for sure!!

trini, mimiretz, Darren and 5 others like this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    This is hysterical!!!

Sorry, Darren, but how boring life would be without Monty!!!

I agree with Ann about the baby gates. When we brought Deacon home, I bought 2 walk through baby gates off Facebook marketplace. I got them for 25 each with all sorts of attachments to alter for diff sizes. We love them so much, we kept one up in between our family room and the rest of the house. Keeps Brodie from perching on the couches to keep an eye on his Kingdom and bark at every movement. Maybe a thought? Do be careful they do nit pop - hate to have him injest a piece.

trini, Darren, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  6. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    O. My, :) Darren. I do have a question is Monty running into the Door because he can not see out? What would happen if you gave him a stairway so he could look out ? I will admit you come up with the most creative solutions :) Thanks adain I really needed to laugh today I really did. :)

trini, Darren, Ann and 3 others like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Oh my goodness Darren…the image of bubble wrapping your front door had me in stitches!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    That Monty sure keeps life interesting doesn’t he? Lol
    I agree with the baby gates…I have several on my main floor. Over time they occasionally get knocked over by the dogs (only one is mounted to the frame and that one is upstairs) and Blueberry has developed quite the fear of them…I have to work her through it but I must say if I have one at the end of the hallway then she doesn’t try to wake my mom up in the morning :lol:
    She sees it and follows me instead.

trini, Sharon7, Darren and 3 others like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    trini, Sharon7, Sandy in CT and 5 others like this.
  9. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Oh Monty, what will you put your poor Dad through next?????? This is beyond hysterical! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Trini

ghggp, Sharon7, Ron Atkinson and 3 others like this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    ghggp, Sharon7, Ron Atkinson and 2 others like this.