Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Monty visits the Holy Island of Lindisfarne

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    So as part of Montys rehabilitation I decided to take him on a mini adventure. He loves exploring rock pools etc so I could think of nothing better than taking him to Holy island. It was one of the most important centres of early Christianity in Anglo-Saxon England going back to 635AD. It has even survived the Viking raids in the late 700's so really is a special place to explore.
    Monty did great and really had fun looking for crabs in all the pools haha. He fell over a few times and needed carries but did really well and I could tell he enjoyed himself. Oh well onto the next adventure lol.

Monty163.jpg
    Monty164.jpg
    The large shadow in the distance is Bamburgh castle which we visited earlier in the year

Monty165.jpg
    Monty166.jpg
    Monty167.jpg
    Monty168.jpg
    Monty169.jpg

Calliesmom, RikyR, Elei and 10 others like this.
  2. pomshe

pomshe Forums Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2015
    Pittsburgh
    Wow, what an incredibly beautiful country you live in! Someday I hope to be able to visit Ireland, Scotland and Isle of Man. Glad to hear that Monty was able to enjoy the trip! Your girls are so cute, too!

Darren, KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    What an incredibly beautiful place!!!! Glad to see and hear that you all got out and had a great time! Monty is getting stronger every day!

Darren, KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    How fantastic to see Monty out and having adventures again!

I'm a sucker for ruins and old rocks, it always feels like they have absorbed all of history.

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wonderful! What a great outing for you all. Clears the mind and soul! Such a great way to recover from all the recent hardships!
    You are so blessed to live in such a scenic county! Just beautiful images! Abigail look so happy and Monty can be secure in his family’s care once again. Thanks for sharing your Pictures!

Virtual hugs!

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Your pictures are absolutely beautiful Darren! So glad Monty was able to enjoy exploring all the different smells around the castle and grounds! Abigale and Monty look so happy!
    Your so lucky to live where there is so much beautiful scenery!

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Thanks so much for sharing the trip with us, Darren. Love the pictures, everyone looks so happy and Monty looks terrific! What a joy to see. Made my morning! :biggrin2:

ghggp, Darren, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  8. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Ahhh now this is how I like to start my day--wonderful pics of England and Monty and the girls having fun!
    The scenery is spectacular, but I couldn't help but zero in on the jacket wearing. We just came off a 111 degree day yesterday, so seeing someone wearing a coat on Jul 31 made me extra jealous LOL
    I hope the trip made Monty not hate the car so much. My guys are iffy on it--they got a 50-50 chance it ain't gonna turn out well for them so mostly they balk.

ghggp, RikyR, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  9. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I want to go see the Isle of Man TT... don't really have a bucket list but that is on the list.

ghggp, Piper's mom, Darren and 2 others like this.
  10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I have never seen this part of England and obviously need to do something about that! Beautiful day out for you - Monty and Abigail look so happy and content. Just the thing to help wipe away the trauma of the last week. Thanks so much for sharing this and being the wonderful Sheltie (and human!) Dad that you are. It's just awesome to see Monty out and about again! :)

Ann, ghggp, Piper's mom and 1 other person like this.