Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Monty visits the Holy Island of Lindisfarne

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Aug 1, 2020.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Where in the country is this? We've been to London twice but did not explore the countryside. I love these ancient places!!

Piper's mom and Darren like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I feel for you Margi! Definitely fall in the air August 1st! Low of 12 C tonight...I love the cool nights but hate what's coming...

Darren likes this.
  3. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Thanks everyone :hugs
    Monty did great but he has had to have a rest day today as all that fun really has left him exhausted. He had a blast exploring the rock pools and watching him bouncing around the rocks was funny. If he pushed it a little too far he would cough and fall over so needed a carry while he recharged. I'll give him a few days off before our next adventure.
    Sheep - TT is on my bucket list too haha.

We were 15c (59f) so no where near your summer day Margi :lol:

I am about as far away from London as you can get before hitting Scotland lol. Holy Island is just off the coast in the very North East of England. Northumberland where I am has a ton of old ruins, castles and places to see. If you like to see ancient things then it's certainly worth a visit as there's something like this nearly every 20 miles once you get away from the big towns haha.

Ann, Calliesmom, ghggp and 5 others like this.
  4. Elei

Elei Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2019
    The photos are beautiful! What a great place to explore. But the best part is seeing Monty out enjoying himself again.

ghggp, Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  5. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    It is nice to see Monty out and about. I'm wondering what Willow would make of it. When we walk here she prefers to walk on the paved path as opposed to the grass on either side. She's an urban dog. :)

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Same here Glenn, half my yard is river rock and both Piper and Finnie walk on it like they're walking on hot coals:lol:! They much prefer the paved road lol.

ghggp, Darren and Sharon7 like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Our ruins are not quite so old, Darrren. I am so happy to see Monty and his handmaiden adventuring!
    These are the old corn exchange at Horsepack Ford on the Potomac between Shepherdstown and Harper's Ferry.

Attached Files:

ghggp, Darren, Margi and 1 other person like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    That's beautiful Chris! I live all these old historical sites!
    My great great great grandfather was a fur trader in North Dakota as well as Canada and his house and trading post is now a historical landmark (the oldest standing building in North Dakota). It's only a couple hundred years old but still beautiful and rich with history. I must say I loved hearing all the stories from my mom (my great great grandmother was scalped by the indians but survived).

Chris, ghggp, Darren and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    OK I have to add a scenic photo from this morning's outing. Not a historical sight, but a beautiful spot to run the dogs. We do this often on Sunday, alternating with another leash free preserve further up the coast.

SBCC.jpeg

Margi, Calliesmom, Chris and 4 others like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Gorgeous view Sharon! I'd be in 7th heaven if I got to look at that every day!

ghggp, Sharon7 and Darren like this.