Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Monty's getting stronger

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Darren, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Just a few random photos from the past few days. Monty is getting better by the day, he even tried to climb onto the dinner table yesterday (but fell off :rolleyes2:) so he is geting back to his old self.

Monty173.jpg
    Monty172.jpg
    Monty171.jpg
    It still gets too much at times and he just passes out lol

Monty170.jpg

RikyR, DianeP, Wendy C and 11 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Cute family pic there with the girls, Monty and the canon - Monty looks fabulous in that pic, your oldest is so pretty and the youngest - she looks like a firecracker! :) Glad he is beginning to feel like himself!

Wendy C, Darren, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    This is just the BEST news, Darren! Monty looks great and I'm so happy that he's getting back to normal. Slow and steady, I bet every day will be a bit better. We'll know he's fully recovered when we have our first Monty Mischief report...can't wait for that! :whistle:

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Glad to hear he's slowly getting back to his old self Darren! Love the first picture...you can see the mischievous Monty looking back at you!

Wendy C, Darren, ghggp and 1 other person like this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    :lol::lol::lol:Cheeky bugger.

6. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Love the pics! How is he doing with eating? Getting any weight on him?

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    He looks really good! Has a bit of sparkle back in his eyes. If he's even attempting mischief that's a great sign. I am so happy for you all, Darren. :hugs

Wendy C, Darren, ghggp and 1 other person like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So beautiful to see these pictures of Monty feeling better;)!
    Such a cute picture of him with Abigale and Lexi! :)
    Don't think Monty likes his raincoat much! :(

Wendy C, Piper's mom and Darren like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Thanks everyone, he is getting there now and there's a visible difference to him everyday. Like Lisa said, I love how he looks like mischievous Monty in the first book.

I was just walking back into the room when I jumped for the table chair but didn't get high enough and fell backwards haha. He's starting to come back now, I'm actually looking forward to catching him doing something naughty, as long as he doesn't hurt himself doing it.
    Oh and Sandy, yup she's a firecracker...and that's probably putting it lightly haha.

I can't get any weight on him yet, well a little lie, he has gained 1gram. He's eating but he's had a sensitive stomach, if he eats too much he gets the runs. He's learned what he can eat and just stops now before he sets his tummy off. We'll get there, the milk seems to be ok on his stomach so I've just started to give him a little more to try and get some weight back on that way.

LOL Gloria, he HATES his raincoat. He wouldn't even put it on and would sit and chew on it until I took it off. We've reached a compromise though and he'll wear it as long as I fasten Mr Broccoli to the top haha.....he still hates it but will wear it that way :rolleyes2:

Caro, Ann, Calliesmom and 6 others like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    I love how you (the hooman) must compromise with the Sheltie! They are taking over the world, one dog at a time lol! Heck, I bought a window for my fence...that's a compromise lol...I'll buy you a window if you promise not to bark:lol::lol:!

Perhaps try giving Monty some pumpkin with every meal, a few tablespoons with each. That should help his bowels and keep his poop firm. Perhaps it's the medication that's causing the runs?

Sharon7, ghggp, Wendy C and 1 other person like this.