Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Monty's rock adventure

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    I've been away with little Monty this past week, taking him to my previous Sheltie, Harleys favorite place. It's just a small rocky island but Harley loved exploring it so I thought I would try Monty.
    Monty actually had lots of fun jumping all over the rocks, digging up random crabs and just exploring all the new smells. I'm hoping to take him back once the virus situation gets under control as it looks like it's his new favorite place.

Monty68.jpg

2. DianeP

DianeP Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    That looks like a beautiful spot! Where are you in the UK?

Wendy C, Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Not surprising that Monty and Harley would love it there, Darren...it looks a lot like their breed's place of origin, the Shetland Islands! What a neat experience for them. And Monty sure has the coat for it! :yes:

Wendy C, jomuir, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Beautiful picture of Monty and lovely scenery! It certainly looks like a place one could fall in love with!

Wendy C, ghggp, Darren and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Very picturesque! I bet Monty loved getting out and doing something new. We've finally gotten rain here which is great but my two are starting to get cabin fever....:uhoh: luckily we had a break today and got out for a good walk. Supposed to pour tomorrow. We'll have to do Nosework practice to keep them occupied. So happy for you that you can start a new tradition going to the island with Monty so you can both enjoy it.

Wendy C, ghggp and Darren like this.
  6. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    I'm in Northumberland which is in the North of England. There's a nice beach near and with just a little boat ride there's a great little island full of rock pools.
    Also just off the coast is a group of islands called the Farne Islands. It's a great place to let the dog just play around and see the wildlife, although dogs are only permitted in certain areas to protect the wildlife.

He loved it Ann, he was bouncing all over the rocks, digging things up. It was like his long lost home haha, I wonder if these kind of places are in their genes.
    I was going to take Monty to the Shetland Islands this year but I think the virus may put those plans on hold for a little while.

It's such a peaceful place with a ton of sealife and birds. It's just a great place to relax while the dog goes crazy haha.

At least you managed to get out for a bit Sharon, I can imagine how challenging it can be when they both get bored and invent their own games haha. At least you have nosework to stop them getting into trouble lol.
    It felt a little strange going back there and not having Harley and I have to admit I had to hold back a few tears. The way Monty just took to the place though made my day, he loved it. I'm going to try and take him at least once a month once we get all this virus situation under control.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Sharon7, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Yes, it has to warm your heart seeing Monty enjoying himself so much! Harley is with you when you visit a place you both enjoyed so much! He is just so cute!

Darren and Sharon7 like this.
  8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    WoW! What a beautiful place - lucky you! He looks right at home!

Hanne and Darren like this.
  9. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Thanks for my geography lesson for the day! I found it on the map. Monty gets to be very close to his roots!
    Shoot, I'd go to those islands to escape the virus! Ain't no virus living there! Of course I don't know how you have travel to get there, but talk about self-distancing :)
    Speaking of virus, I live in a small community called Corona de Tucson. We are thinking of renaming to Corona de Virus :ROFLMAO:

10. DianeP

DianeP Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    Darren, thanks for sharing. Looks ideal there. I know what you mean about your old dog. I talk to Mindy all the time about the things Elliot used to do and like. It actually makes me feel better when she uses Elliot’s old bed or plays with his old toys.

Hanne, Darren and Sharon7 like this.