Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Monty's rock adventure

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Darren, Monty truly looks in his element! You've inspired me to take the furkids out for a ramble today. We live just outside a tiny town in a gap in the mountains, and we have loads of space for them to walk. Please give Monty a cuddle from me!

Piper's mom, Darren and Sharon7 like this.
  2. Elei

Elei Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2019
    Wow, what a beautiful picture! Isn't it fun to go exploring with our Shelties and watch them enjoy the world?

Piper's mom and Darren like this.
  3. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Chris I hope you have a great time with the furkids give them pats and hugs from Monty and I too!

One strange thing happened while we were away, a woman who we didn't know came up to me and said how beautiful Monty was. She then asked if he "still had all his parts" and I said yes but I plan on taking him to the vets soon to get that changed. She then just came out and asked if he was for sale as she "breeds miniture Shelties" and would love to "introduce his color scheme to her program" I told her he's not wallpaper and had just been rescued from 'a program'!
    I said I'm not interested and went to move away and she then offered me £700 if I would contact her and let her "use him for stud". I was probably being rude but just because of his history I took offence and told her to walk away. I have no idea if she was serious, it sounded that way but what kind of person would try to buy someones pet while they have it playing....to "put it in a program"......some people are strange haha .....anyway as hard work as he is, little Monty is NOT FOR SALE :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:......yet:cautious::lol:

4. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Oooo, your very own Cruella de Vil! Did she get in a 1935 Bugatti and speed off?? LOL

5. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Calliesmom and Chris like this.
  6. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    We now have our villain for Little Monty and Mr. Broccoli book!

7. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    He is gorgeous and looks like he belongs in that environment. That’s Sheltie heaven, hope you can return soon.

Piper's mom, Chris and Darren like this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Aaaaand that's where the derogatory term "backyard breeders" came from - no knowledge of Monty's breeding, just likes his color "scheme".... wow. You had some great remarks for her, I would have been biting my tongue to not put her down a peg or two! SNORT!

Monty is so lucky to be with you Darren, you are a wonderful pet parent.

9. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    It was all very bizarre, if she was serious then it has red flags as she didn't ask if he was healthy, if he was registered, if was 25% door mouse, nothing. OH well, as Margi says at least we now have an supervillain to star in the Adventures of Monty and Mr Broccoli :ROFLMAO:

10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Someone wanting to breed for out of standard dogs on purpose....... um BITE HER MONTY!!!!!

Seriously when number 4 comes home I am wishing for a HIGH energy undersized Sheltie. That said I will NOT be getting one from someone like that. No I will be getting one from someone who aims at standard and got one to small to show. Of course if history is right ..... So far Sca was going to be a Blue Merle with dark eyes, tri-color oversized. Spitfire was supposed to be a Bi-Blue with dark eyes for flyball, insane Sable that is just a LOT of company. Angus was going to be a flyball dog for company for Spitfire.

Piper's mom, Darren and Sharon7 like this.