Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My Beloved Chance passed to Rainbow Bridge yesterday

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by ghggp, Nov 28, 2016.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    It is with utmost sadness and excruciating pain that I allowed my beloved Chance to pass over to Rainbow Bridge yesterday. My heart and soul are beyond shattered. No dog will ever be able to replace his loving soul, sweet smile, and tender heart.

I was blessed to have him pass at home with me in the comfort and safety he had come to know and love. He had my grand mother's rosary around his neck and he was able to pass on his special bed that he would get his bi-weekly massage treatments on.

It was increasingly difficult for him to stand near the end and would fall over after only a few steps. He was having seizures as well and his quality of life had diminished to such an extent that I had to make the ultimate decision to allow him to pass to Rainbow Bridge.

I will miss everything about him. I so wish he could have made it until Christmas as he enjoyed sporting his Christmas collar and leg bells. He was just so special. I want to thank Cathy and Pam from PSSR Sheltie rescue for allowing me to adopt Chance from out of state. To say this was a match made in heaven sums up our love and devotion we had for one another. I will never be the same without him. A part of my soul has died.

We thought of you today,
    But that is nothing new.
    We thought about you yesterday,
    And days before that too.
    We think of you in silence,
    We often speak your name.
    Now all we have is memories,
    And your picture in a frame.
    Your memory is our keepsake,
    With which we'll never part.
    God has you in his keeping,
    We have you in our heart.

Attached Files:

Christopher Lanier likes this.
  2. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    So very sorry for your loss, our hearts hurt for you and your family. Mr. Chance was one of our favorites on this forum, he will be missed by all who knew him.

3. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I am so very sorry for your loss. :cry: You both were so very lucky to have found each other. He will be forever remembered and we will miss him greatly. Virtual hugs to you! :hugs

4. Bailey's Mom

Bailey's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I'm so sorry you lost him. What a blessing his rescue was willing to work beyond their boundaries clearly you were meant to be together.

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    My heart just breaks for you. It's hard enough to say farewell, and to do so in this season is especially painful. Chance had a splendid life with you, and to say farewell in the comfort of his own home was the peaceful end to his beautiful life.

6. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    oh, Gloria - I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Mr. Chance - even on pictures he had an amazing charisma.

I remember clearly - the first time I saw Mr. Chance on the Christmas picture with Christmas bells on his quite wonderful paws - and he won my heart.

I really feel with you :hugs

7. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    I'm so very sorry to hear of Chance's passing. My heart goes out to you. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

8. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet boy. You will both be on my mind in the days and weeks to come, and especially over the holiday.

9. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I am so saddened to hear this news. I'm wiping away tears reading your post, I can only imagine how hard it must be for you.

You were so wonderful with him, you were both so lucky to have found each other.

10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Gloria, I am so sorry to hear about Chance. I know how you fought to keep him going. I'm sorry you lost him at this time of year...there is no good time, but the holidays make it harder, I think. Sending you hugs and comfort.