Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My heart is breaking

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by piper, Nov 29, 2016.

1. piper

piper Forums Novice

Nov 29, 2016
    we are about to lose our beloved Piper. We believe he has cancer and will be confirmed by ultrasound in the morning. I think he is dying and I can't bear the look in his eyes when it says fix me mommy. He hasn't eaten for 4 days, lethargic and depressed. We had X-rays done yesterday but the results were inconclusive but did show a spot of something on liver and spleen. We lost our Bailey 81/2 years ago and I don't think I can go through this again. Piper has a litter mate and she is fine but I don't know how siblings handle this. This was so sudden. Piper had a mast cell tumor on his leg that was benign about a year ago and he was just fine two weeks ago and now this. I can't stop crying.

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I wish I were there to hug you and help you through this.

3. Phoebe'smom

Phoebe'smom Premium Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Southern California
    I lost my last sheltie to angiosarcoma. She had a bleeding tumor on her spleen. She hadn't eaten for a few days and was clearly suffering, so I took her to the vet thinking it was tooth trouble. It wasn't her teeth. I had her put down rather than letting her bleed to death. Horrible decision, but necessary. Take a few extra pictures......there are never enough.

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I'm so sorry on your behalf, it is so hard and we feel our hearts will breaks down.

But as a human being I seemed we have a duty to save our beloved pets to unnecessary pain when I was in the same situationen 2 years ago, I also felt my life was over.

I really feel with you in your difficult decision.

5. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    What a rotten start to the holiday season. The look of pain in a sheltie's eyes is the worst. So sorry for this news!!!

6. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    I'm so very sorry you are going through this with Piper. You are in my thoughts and prayers :hugs.

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I am so sorry to hear about Piper. I know what it's like to go through this with a beloved dog; we have been there too. Sending you many hugs.

8. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I am so sorry you are going through this... there is nothing I can say to make it better, however I wish there was. Prayers for you during this time.

9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Reading your post made me cry all over again. I know all to well that look you describe... mom, please make it better! You feel just helpless and devastated that you can't make them whole again.

The devastation is all too real... you can't breath, you can't stop crying, you hurt in the deepest part of your soul!

My heart is so sad for the situation you and Piper find yourselves. I wish I could lessen the pain. After losing my beloved Chance on Sunday and Laddie's cancer diagnosis, I understand your pain and suffering.

Please know we all care and support you and dear Piper. Virtual hugs and blessing being sent to you in this most difficult of times.

10. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

I am hoping for not terrible news from the ultrasound. Having been there, I know the waiting is the most gut wrenching part.

Hugs and dog kisses...