Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My little Coyote

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Mar 25, 2019.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    They sure are funny looking creatures at this age aren't they!
    She has a very sweet face, she's going to grow up to be a beautiful girl!

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a cutie... so sweet, petite and delicate... just as a little girl should be!
    Funny how they grow into their bodies and coats!

4. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    She is so cute! Looks raring to go....

How old is Cassie now? Her amount of fur and all is similar to what Brodie has I believe but Brodie has more fur around his ears or so it seems. How big is she? Funny how one morning mine looks cute, then fluffy, then awkward; I just never know right now what will exit the kennel in the morning! Some mornings it seems like his legs grew overnight! I think we were at 11 1/2 lbs last week, I don't think Brodie will be a big sheltie. How about Cassie?

5. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Cassie was born Nov. 1, so she is now a week shy of 5 months. She was at 8.4 lbs two weeks ago. I don't think she'll be big, but I don't know. I do know that she was the runt, and that she is still the smallest of the litter. She is the bounciest puppy we've ever had. But if she wants attention, you'd better give it to her NOW. Because that puppy has the highest pitched voice, and if she wants attention, she WILL bark at you until you cave.

Sandy in CT likes this.
  6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    So Cassie and Brodie are VERY close in age! Brodie was born November 15. She is smaller than Brodie. Brodie was smallest of his litter as well. We actually went to check out a different puppy and Brodie was the one who kept coming up to my husband and I. In fact, every picture we have of the other puppy that first visit, there is Brodie!

I read a few things about 'runts'. So due to multiple breedings, they can just be younger than other members of their litters. And then I read that while they might be slow to start growing, that in the long run, they may end up similar sized as other members of their litter, then again, maybe not.

I wonder if it is due to the smaller size that they have such high pitched barks - oh my, Brodie's 'I'm psycho stoked up during play' bark is screechingly high. We keep praying for some testosterone to kick in and lower the pitch a bit.

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Cassie is simply adorable. Love her expression. I remember the coyote stage with Skye and Asta, they look so gangly. Then all of a sudden, they are grown up!

8. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow is 22 weeks and 20 pounds and 15 inches tall. She is not a delicate girl. :) Big or small they are all lovable. She's brave, affectionate and smart and that makes for a happy addition to our home. Cassie looks very pretty.

9. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
  10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Wow, she is the spitting image of her mom! You can't even tell them apart by the blaze!