Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My Lucky Day

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by JacqueZ, Aug 30, 2018.

1. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I knew yesterday was going to be lucky. Because you see, when I went out to call in the pups, Mango came up on the deck to give me two lucky rabbits feet.

...and a tail.

Mango then proceeded to learn that bunnies, are not digestible... she learned this all over my office carpet...the dog bed...my new yoga mat...

Then Honey decided throwing up is the in thing to do, so she left her breakfast on the basement floor for me.

Then, while I deep cleaned all my carpets and mopped all my floors, Mango had further lessons in digestibility on the dining room floor, the living room, and the entry way.

Such a very very lucky day...:banghead:

2. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Oh boy. That doesn’t sound fun at all! The joys of dog ownership sometimes...:gaah:winkgrin:

JacqueZ likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow, no one can ever say the had a bad day with their Shelties after reading this post!!!

My condolences to you and the rabbit!

Piper's mom and JacqueZ like this.
  4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Sca the iron belly ate a rabbit with no issues. But I think he could have eaten a rock (and likely tried)

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yeah- lucky day but not a fun day..............

6. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    :ROFLMAO: Honey would also attempt to eat rocks, mangos usually my picky one.

Hopefully the experience will have turned her off eating animals. Between her and Honey we've had two squirrels down as well (uneaten), they are really getting way to effective.

I think the main issue with digesting was her trying to swallow it whole, or as near as she could get. I do have to give her credit; she came right to me when I called, and dropped the rabbit as soon as I asked what she had.

7. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    What a great dog you are Mango :yes:

JacqueZ likes this.
  8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Hmm, she left you the vomited breakfast - in my house that's the best kind of meal, one that's been previously digested, and the dogs never leave any for me! You are very lucky.

JacqueZ and SheepOfBlue like this.
  9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Ah yes, wildlife...

JacqueZ likes this.
  10. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Wow that is a day for you. Mango be careful of the bunnies.

JacqueZ likes this.