Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My new non-Sheltie boy named Panda.

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by trini, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Ai-yi-yi!! :uhoh: :yuckyuck

2. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    :lol::lol:
    What a sweet little Panda
    Trini - I understand you :wink2: he is one of the sweetest I have seen in a long time :yes:
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Darren likes this.
  3. pomshe

pomshe Forums Regular

Apr 6, 2015
    Pittsburgh
    Oh, how absolutely adorable! I think shelties and poms are a great combination. My little pom girl Trixi makes me laugh every day. I think poms have more of a desire to please you than shelties - at least mine. My shelties seem to question everything and decide they know better!:cautious:

Hanne, Sharon7, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  4. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    haha Panda looks so innocent! Naughty dogs are hard work but they do give so many laughs along the way!

Hanne, ghggp, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  5. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Calliesmon, good point and right on spot. I guess we will just have to start referring to Panda as "relatively laid back". LOL I had originally wanted a female but Panda's only sister, who was absolutely stunning, was described as a "little spitfire" and I already have a "spitfire" Sheltie female and could just picture WWIII breaking out! There were 2 males in the litter, Panda and a red Pommie boy...red is my husband's favorite color for a Pommie...but the breeder said that although the red boy was really sweet with people and loved attention he was already showing signs that he would want to be the dominant personality in any situation involving other dogs and especially in a multiple dog home having a non-pushy personality is far more important than favorite coat color. So we selected our wee black and white boy who truly is a sweetheart but definitely FULL of mischief 24/7.

Trini

Darren, Ann, Hanne and 4 others like this.
  6. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Yes, Darren...amazing how deceiving looks can be! Innocent Panda is NOT! LOL
    Trini

Darren, Ann and Calliesmom like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I am so sorry to hear Dante is on the decline. Soft pats and sweet virtual kisses coming his way. He could not be in better hands!

Darren and Ann like this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I too wanted to say I'm very sorry to hear about Dante. No matter how long they've been with you or how old they are, it is wrenching when they are terminally ill. I hope he has a bit more good time with you, Trini, and an easy passing. You've been so supportive of other's heartaches and I hope you will post here if you feel like you need support. :hugs

Darren and Ann like this.
  9. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Sharon and Gloria, thank-you for the kind words of support for our little Dante boy. He came to us when I was fostering for Tri-State Sheltie Rescue before that rescue group shut down after it's founder's death. Dante was half of a bonded pair, the other half was a sweet sable merle Sheltie boy, Dakota. They were both 6 years old at the time they came into rescue. Now it is almost 7 years later and both are dealing with serious medical issues, but at least Dakota has a chance of hopefully significantly more time with treatment for his infective endocarditis. Sadly there is no treatment for little Dante and we are just filling his days with as much life as he feels up to each day and watching closely for signs that it is time to make the heartbreaking choice we all end up facing with these precious little souls whose lives are so short compared to our's...I know you both know this phase all too well. Although Dante is not a big dog physically, he will leave behind a big hole in our hearts and our lives...he is one of those ultra gentle souls who loves everyone and loves life.

Trini

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Ann, Hanne, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Your heart is larger than anyone else I know. Your compassion knows no bounds.
    I am blessed to call you friend and the special souls in your care, call you an angel here on earth.
    "The word Angel, suggests goodness and is often used to refer to someone who offers comfort and aid to others in times of trouble"
    That definition is you personified!
    Virtual hugs to you, little Dante, and Dakota

Ann, Sharon7 and Darren like this.