Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My puppy howls instead of barks!!! Lol!!!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by KarenCurtis, Apr 1, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    The breeder just emailed me to tell me my little pup girl has quite a personality, she howls! She doesn't bark, she howls!! Lol!!!!

Hanne, Sandy in CT and Calliesmom like this.
  2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    That isn't going to be nearly as cute in about 3 months at 2AM :)

RikyR, KarenCurtis and Sandy in CT like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    A singer in the midst! Yeah!!!! Our Kooper LOVES to sing. His favorites are Happy Birthday and Van Halen's Happy Trails - he is not as much of a fan of the Roy Rogers version. If he gets going, though, he will sing to almost anything.

Brodie is now attempting to sing along, but he has the shrillest noise that comes out of that little body - oh my.

I know in the years I waited for my sheltie, I ran across a number of you tube videos of singing shelties. I would LOVE to see video if the breeder sends.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Finnie likes to howl when he's squeaking his favorite toys. It's hilarious to listen to! He's done it since he was young.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh my, how funny. I remember Ally howling a few times after we brought her home. We put her out in the backyard right after we got her and she sat on the patio, tipped her head back, and howwwwlllllled, looking just like a little coyote. It was pretty cute.

It must be torture having to wait to meet her - hasn't the breeder sent you any photos or videos?

KarenCurtis likes this.
  6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Checkers is a singer. She's the only one I've ever had. She loves Aretha Franklin and other sopranos like herself. :singing: We can always tell when it's coming. She throws her head back like a wolf and we can see it bubbling up in her throat. It's a hoot! I have to get it on video.

7. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Then she'll get a shut up from me!

8. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Yes, I posted a pic! It's in puppies 101 forum

9. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    This was Finnie when he was just a little tyke and the first time I heard him howl. He still does it but only with a squeaky toy (he's got a huge squeaky rooster he loves). It's the funniest thing to hear when he gets going, head goes up and he starts to howl!