Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My Rotweiller skin

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Luv My Rottie & Pitbull, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Luv My Rottie & Pitbull

Luv My Rottie & Pitbull Forums Novice

Jan 9, 2018
    I was wondering if anybody is familiar with skin irritation and marks. I have a vet appointment Wednesday but just looking to see if anyone is familiar with this. He recently has gone to the vet before this circle patch dry looking but slightly raised appeared on his lower rear leg and he was being treated for allergies. As well as on his leg his one eye appears to now be flaky around it but red on the inside lower part. Any ideas what it could be? Could this be part of an allergy. Could it be from laying on the wood floors. He isn't a fan of dog beds.

2. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    It could be a fungus. My vet gave Lil' Lady meds. My friend has two pugs with fungus around their eyes.
    Her vet suggested Kroger's Athlete Foot Cream. It works well. All that I did was kept the spot clean and applied
    the cream for a week and it was gone. Certainly a cheap cure.

3. Luv My Rottie & Pitbull

Jan 9, 2018
    Thank you, hopefully tomorrow I will get some answers. I will post the results

4. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Hope all goes well. Sometimes I call it a process of elimination what it could be.
    Let us know for sure.

5. Luv My Rottie & Pitbull

Jan 9, 2018
    I'm extremely happy to report that it is just do to Allergies. Apparently very common in Rotweillers, they gave us allergy medicine he needs to take once a day. Thank you all I feel so much better now. They say after 2 weeks of taking the medicine it should all start to go away. Feel even better after talking with another person at the vet that just went through the same thing with his rotweiller.

corbinam likes this.
  6. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    That's good news!

7. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Great news, and you received an answer. Its always hard to determine what is going on without our vets
    leading us in the right direction.