Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My Sister, The Goddess

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Chris, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    My DS and I went to a pumpkin sale (pick your own, late in the season,farmer trying to get rid of them) last November. We brought home about 10 gorgeous ones, and she canned 42 pints!! DH doesn't care for it (stuck eating stewed pumpkin in Egypt for a few weeks, long story). So we never eat it.

But the Shelties adore it!! When Bitsy Boodle went off her food (and she's so thin you can slide her under the door), that pumpkin was what got her started back eatling again. Big thanks to DS for all the hard work to get real home canned pumpkin stored away for the babies!!!

corbinam, Hanne, Ann and 3 others like this.
  2. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    What a great treat! My dogs have always gotten a spoonful of pumpkin with their food, good fiber they loved it. I’ve never had a dog get chubby. lol. I haven’t started Cooper on it yet as he was having his “stool issues”, but the Gastro puppy food has fixed that and once I get him transitioned to his new puppy food and he is stable I will add it. For those who haven’t used it this is pumpkin purée not pumpkin pie filling with spices.

Chris likes this.