Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My Teddy

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Teddy bear, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Teddy bear

Teddy bear Forums Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    Massachusette
    I’ve been the happy owner of 6 shelties since 1989! All my shelties have passed, except my last two...Teddy and his older brother, Cody..(same parents, different litters). Cody, 10, is a wonderful dog, but likes to do his own thing. Since two months old, My other boy, Teddy, snuggled with me all the time, followed me everywhere. He was my shadow, my little guy. I held conversations all the time with him..lol! If I was reading, he’d push the book down with his paw, and demand cuddles...no reading for me. Most nights he was on the bed near my feet. He was turning 8 September 6th. He hurt his leg, took him to the vet, and it was thought he sprained his leg. After not getting better and wincing in pain, more tests were run. Turns out he had bone cancer!! And bladder cancer, and stomach cancer!!! My husband and I were shocked and devastated!! How could a dog who’s running and playing in June, having fun with us, be dead the end of July??!!!

My baby , gone in one weekend! My adult kids are so sad, especially my son. He can barely function lately.
    I’ve done nothing but cry. His brother looks for him. My daughter’s Golden Retriever, 2, went into every room looking for his buddy. I don’t know how I am ever going to recover from this....my husband adamant about no more dogs!! His heart can’t take it. I don’t want another dog, just him!!

2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

I am so sorry for your loss....As a mum of a pup with cancer, I understand your frustration. I learned 30% of dogs will develop cancer. A friend lost her dog to cancer in a weekend while my dog was undergoing radiation therapy for his. It is a terrible disease :(

I know you gave Teddy a wonderful life....and he knows it, too. Remember all the snuggles and all the love.

3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I am so very, very sorry. There are no simple words of comfort, but I'll try:

Dear St. Francis, yesterday you welcomed little Teddy to his Heavenly place of rest. No pain, no illness, just strength and eternal joy. It will feel a bit odd for him to be away from his family, but please tell him it will seem but the twinkling of an eye until they are reunited. And please, ask the Good Shepherd to bring comfort and healing to his family who miss him so.
    In His name we ask,
    Amen

Sharon7 and Hanne like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Teddy Bear, I should have made myself more clear...

You can create a memorial for Teddy on Sheltie Nation.
    Please see screen captures to walk you through the process.
    Again, please accept my condolences on your loss of Dear Teddy.

2018-07-30_13-41-15.jpg

2018-07-30_13-42-53.jpg

2018-07-30_13-43-59.jpg

Sharon7 likes this.
  5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Gloria -so sweet of you to help a new member who is in mourning - with such a guide :hugs

Sharon7 likes this.
  6. Teddy bear

Teddy bear Forums Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    Massachusette
    Oh thank you everyone so much for your kind words. After a solid week of crying, depression, missing my little guy, I woke up in a better frame of mind this morning. I guess the “Acceptance” part of the stages of grief has happened to me. I’m still sad, but able to function. Teddy was such a gift to my life. Maybe some day, I’ll have a new pal, and a new friend for Cody. I can’t imagine my life without a sheltie by my side!

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I had one of my beloved girls pass unexpectedly so I know the horror of it. I'm so very sorry and sad to hear about your loss of Teddy Bear. I know every corner in your house will remind you of him, but I hope in time you will be able to think of him with love and joy for his being in your care, rather than his passing. Hugs to you, we've all been there.