Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Need help for a senior Sheltie Mix that needs a foster/rescue

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by zalabackp, Jun 27, 2018.

1. zalabackp

zalabackp Forums Novice

Jun 27, 2018
    I am not affiliated with any rescue, I'm just trying to help a friend, and I hope this post is allowed in here. I'm located in Florida, and doing this for a man in Douglasville who has an elderly Sheltie mix that he must rehome by August 30th at the latest. He is leaving the country.

Ricco is a 15 year old Sheltie mix. He is in really good health other than age related hip problems. He is neutered, Loves kids, is great with cats and walks on a leash. He just needs somewhere to spend his senior days, and has an owner who cares enough to reach out to me, a person who generally networks basset hounds!! So, I started searching and found this forum.

Ricco's owner is Mark Funk, and can be reached at (Kelly here, please PM this person for the phone #)
    I am going to try and attach some photos of Ricco.z

ok, I tried to embed photos from Facebook, and couldn't figure out how to do it..

Penny Zalaback=====I'll be back with photos, when I figure this out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2018
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Thank you so much for helping out, and I hope Ricco finds a good home quickly, but honestly - why would you give up a 15 year old dog? As a dog parent I cannot fathom doing this - for any reason unless I was dying. It will be difficult to find a person willing to take on a dog this old, although there are some out there - thank God. I am sad for Ricco but will keep him in my thoughts and pray a situation can be found for him to peacefully live out his days.

Can any Florida Sheltie Nation members help? I'm in California, so not much help here.

ghggp likes this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Not sure where Douglasville is but there are sheltie rescues in FL. Jacksonville sheltie rescue, Mid FL sheltie rescue