Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Need help to set ears with tungsten

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by Fred Burnett, May 22, 2019.

1. Fred Burnett

Fred Burnett Forums Novice

Mar 28, 2019
    Hello everyone!
    I am new to Sheltie Nation and need some guidance. I have a Sable Sheltie and need to find someone within traveling distance from Florence, SC to set my pups ears with tungsten. I will be glad to pay for the service and thank each of you for any help.

Fred H Burnett

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2019
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Hi Fred and welcome. Not sure if you'll find anyone nearby you but is it possible for you to contact the breeder for help with the ears? Also if you do a search on the forums for gluing ears/taping ears you'll find many posts that may help you.

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Have you checked YouTube for video tutorials on this type one f ear setting? Maybe try the National Shetland Sheep Dog website for the breeder listing by state to see who might be near you?

4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I’ve found that this is a somewhat less popular way of setting ears. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, but you may have a harder time finding people or resources to help.

That being said, I’m not in Florence often but my mother in law lives there and I am happy to help if I’m ever in town and you need assistance with ears!

Piper's mom likes this.