Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New Forum Software

Discussion in 'Forum Upgrade' started by MattW, Apr 15, 2016.

1. MattW

MattW Administrator

Jan 14, 2016
    Rotherham, UK
    Welcome to the new look Sheltieforums.

Please use this section to post any questions or issues you have with the new software.

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Yey, look I get the first question. Previously when I opened a thread the most recent posts were first and at the top. Now when I open up a thread it starts at the first post in the thread and I have to click through pages and then scroll down to find the latest post. Is there a way to change it so the most recent post is shown first?

Not sure whether it bothers anyone else, but as a mod it's taking a lot of time to check all the new posts.

3. MattW

MattW Administrator

Jan 14, 2016
    Rotherham, UK
    Sorry, can you explain with an example if possible? If you click a thread which is unread to you, it will take you to the first unread post to you from where your ID has read to. So for example, this very thread, when I clicked on it, it linked me directly to your post, because that was the new unread post

Code:
    http://sheltieforums.com/threads/new-forum-software.25078/#post-355071
    If you have already read the thread, it will take to to the first post in the thread. That's exactly the same behaviour as vBulletin.

4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Usually it starts in reverse chronological order - most recent post first, but atm it starts with the first post. I think at one time I set it to go in reverse chronological order on vBulletin. It's useful for me because most of the posting happens while I'm in bed so there are lots to look at when I get up. But I did just click onto a thread again that I just read and it took me to the last post on the last page (although the thread is still in chronological order rather than reverse order).

I'm guessing that maybe with the cross-over the threads are all acting as if they haven't been read and taking me to the first post. That would explain why there were 5 pages of new threads for me to look at this morning.

5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Q.2 How to delete a conversation? I can't find any options to delete selected conversations.

6. MattW

MattW Administrator

Jan 14, 2016
    Rotherham, UK
    You don't delete them. You need to Leave the conversation.

7. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I'm using this on my phone. My one complaint is the ads take up the entire screen. I have to scroll quite a bit to get to the actual content.

8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I'm with Caro- when I opened a thread with unread posts, the most recent post would be at the top and the original post would be last at the bottom. It was much easier to pick up where I left off in a multiple post thread.

9. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    We are working on getting a plugin that will restore that option for you. Once installed, it will be a feature you will select from your personal settings. Hang tight, we are working on it! :)

10. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    Thanks for letting me know about this Jess, I'll look into it. Right now I'm seeing one add above the categories. Are you seeing more than one?