Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New house games

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jul 20, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    As the days have become so hot, playing inside is the only hope to have a bit of puppy fun with Willow. After walking, we all cooled off inside for a couple of hours and Willow started to perk up. She's been largely confined to either the kitchen or the living room up to now but I deemed her trustworthy enough to have a bit more freedom. Today I removed the baby gates so she now has the run of the main floor. The main floor ungated allows her to run from the dining room to the kitchen to the entry foyer and back through the living room to the dining room. She has her own circular track now.

I started playing with her by walking around the newly opened circuit. Of course, that got Willow chasing me and pretty soon she grabbed a toy and had me chase her and we alternated, running around and changing directions and chasing duties. What fun we had. It was good to see her back to her mischievous best.

Even so, I'll be happier when walking Willow doesn't require a shower and a change of clothing by the time we've returned home.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I feel your pain, Glenn. We've hit 100 degrees here for the past two days and the humidity is dreadful. We aren't used to this here in the normally temperate Northeast, unlike our southern friends. I went out at 6 this morning to water my deck plants for 10 minutes and needed a shower. My dogs are only out for chores so there is no outside play time, and in between naps they all have cabin fever. It sounds like you've found the perfect solution to play time there! Run Willow run!

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Agree Ann!

Kooper wants to be outside, has even been laying in the sun on the deck alternating with laying under the awning. Brodie wants to be in the house or he goes under the deck and lays on the rock there.

Calliesmom, GlennR, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  4. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    It is awful, usually Cape Cod is cooler than inland, and it is, but because of the humidity the "real feel" temp is 100, that's what I go by. The dogs had a walk at 8a.m., it was hot already. It's been like this for two days. Friday we bought a portable air conditioner, first one I've ever owned.

Calliesmom, GlennR and Ann like this.
  5. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
  6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I just sit at one end of the living room and roll a ball, lol. Minnie loves fetch.

7. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    Glenn, Shelby and I do the same thing, she just loves a good game of chase!

Sandy in CT and Calliesmom like this.