Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New puppy coming home Friday

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by RayneDance, Feb 13, 2019.

1. RayneDance

RayneDance Forums Novice

Feb 12, 2019
    We are picking up our newest sheltie on Friday. She is a tiny bi-blue who will join out very oversized 3 year old sable girl, Jenni. Any advice accepted. Kelsey, the new puppy, will be our 5th sheltie. We started with this breed in 1995 and are officially smitten. I love shelties!

Katie’s Mom, Margi and KarenCurtis like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    With 5 Shelties under your belt you already know a lot, LOL. For some reason when I saw your forum name I thought the puppy would be named "Rayne"! Which would actually be a fun name esp. for a blue. Welcome to you Jenni and Kelsey. Lots of recent puppy threads for you to follow. Haven't had an actual puppy in many years, the last 4 (out of 6) came as adults. Eli is 20 months old though and he is still quite a puppy.

3. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I love Bi Blues! I'm getting my puppy at the end of May! How exciting! Welcome, I have a male oversized Sheltie, Sandstorm, 9 years old

Katie’s Mom and RayneDance like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Congratultions!!! February is a great month for a puppy!!

RayneDance and KarenCurtis like this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Hi and welcome. How exciting! I'm tossing up whether to get another pup but for now I'm just living vicariously through everyone elses' puppies!

6. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

OK..you asked for it! We need Pictures!!!! :)

7. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Get a puppy!

RayneDance likes this.
  8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Welcome! Since you're a Sheltie veteran you know how much fun you're in for. Enjoy the new family member!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  9. RayneDance

RayneDance Forums Novice

Feb 12, 2019
    We are likely going to use RayneDance as Kelsey's registered name - she would be Wildwest RayneDance but the name we call her will be Kelsey. I agree Rayne is a cool name for a blue. :) I am catching up on all these posts and getting excited about the new family member. I went and basically bought out Petsmart last night. Hahaha.

ghggp, KarenCurtis, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    My first sheltie was named was Kelsey and I have been smitten with the bred ever since!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats! Looking forward to pictures!!!!