Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

New Tooth Cleaning Kit

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by Cleo2014, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I was at Petsmart yesterday looking for something better to try for Cleo and Relics teeth. Not that Cleo has bad teeth but I have a feeling I am going to be fighting Relics teeth for the rest of his life because of his bite being off. I have been using the Tropiclean Fresh Breath water additive for a few years now and have had good results with Cleo. Well I saw this in the store and I bought it. I was wondering everyone's thoughts on this product. If it doesn't work well for Relic I am going to switch to C.E.T. toothpaste. So, thoughts?
    tropiclean-fresh-breath-advanced-whitening-oral-care-kit-dogs.jpg

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    haven't seen/used it...
    you'll have to give us a review after trying it......:pop

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Humm... think I will give it a try. Although I brush Logan's and Barons's teeth I am surprised Baron's breath is not great. He had a full dental last year so I know it is not a problem with his teeth! Will report back!

4. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Good luck! Only the realllllyyyy expensive Petsmile worked on Fillion. (story of my life LOL)

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I use Petsmile as well. Does not seem to help his breath...

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OK, so, I have commented on my brushing my boy's teeth and Baron's breath is still bad...

Well, BUSTED!!!!
    Baron came in after doing his business with a frozen poop in his mouth and dropped it at my feet!!!

:mad::shifty::(:cautious::yuck: Now I know WHY!!!!

7. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Wow haha! Wish I could say the same for Relic. He gets tartar build up pretty fast on his back teeth. I just spent some time this afternoon scraping it off. Now his teeth are looking white again. And the front teeth where there was no tartar buildup but had red gums around his teeth is already gone. I'd say I like this so far.

Attached Files:

8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Now those are some pearly whites! How old is he?

9. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    He is only 18 months old but since his bite is off food gets stuck in his teeth in the back and that is when I see build up. I was getting worried that at such a young age his teeth and gums were not looking so hot even though I brushed them. This seems to be helping.

10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Well, you are doing a great job!