Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

News Brief!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sandy in CT, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    In the midst of all this 'stuff' going on day after day on tv, I have quite the important news tidbit.....

If you lick your figures out of habit after filling a Kong, it really DOES taste like bacon and cheese!

Might go back to the days of my childhood when my sister, unbeknownst to me, used to feed me 'cookies' at my aunts house that Auntie kept on one side of her gas range. I found out in my later teens that Auntie kept her poodle's liver snaps there...

Margi, Calliesmom, GlennR and 5 others like this.
  2. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    lol Sandy, that actually sounds good, but Cooper’s taste like either pumpkin & Kibble or applesauce and kibble...that’s one kitchen appliance he loves....the freezer drawer when I pull out a KONG for him....hey.....maybe I should put his Kong’s in the dishwasher!!!!! :)

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Thanks for the laugh Sandy!
    I have never used the Kong filling but I have quite often seen conformation people putting liver treats in their mouth at dog shows (no pockets I guess)... I have at times put a liver or chicken treat between my lips (teaching them watch me) but I try not to 'taste' it, even though its homemade lol.

Calliesmom and Sharon7 like this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that's what string cheese is for:winkgrin:

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Ahhh, old dog learns new trick today... and a tasty one too! Thank you!

Calliesmom likes this.
  6. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    On the on purpose side: My friend always eats any dog cookie first before giving one to her Airedale.

On the accidental side: I came around the corner last Christmas to see my new sister in law munching on a peanut butter pumpkin cookie she had taken out of the boys' cookie jar. She asks "did you make these?" (trying to be polite while swallowing the driest cookie ever LOL) I said "Yes, I make all the dogs' treats. I thought the pictures of dogs and dog bones all over the cookie jar was a big clue what was in there!" We got a good laugh out of that one :)

Wendy C, Calliesmom, GlennR and 3 others like this.
  7. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
  8. DianeP

DianeP Forums Regular

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    Haha! Reminds me of a time with my best friend who had a poodle. We tried the dog’s treats because we thought they sounded good. They were called “Good Boy Choc Drops”. Who knows what was in them in 1975?

Hanne, Calliesmom and Sandy in CT like this.