Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Nice article

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jan 26, 2020.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    THIS IS AWESOME! And to think, I went 2 whole weeks in Scotland without seeing a single Sheltie.....:no: although we did not get to Shetland. Thanks so much for sharing this Glenn! What gorgeous dogs these are.

3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Same here, hiked all around Scotland and never saw one darn Sheltie, and not a single dog on the Shetlands. Although to be fair, when I went there were really no Shelties on the Shetlands.

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    My brother wrote to the Shetland Islands. Here is the unbelievable response he got...

There is lots to see and do in Shetland, although Sheltie dogs are not common here.

You can find out more about planning your trip and accommodation via our website: https://www.shetland.org/plan

There are links there to many accommodation providers including hotels and guest houses.

And there are also lots of things to see and do in Shetland, here's some inspiration for that too: https://www.shetland.org/things

I hope this helps, and if we can help further, do please let me know.

Thanks
    Allison

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ucwebapp.wisestamp.com/766ab87b-2d57-4a3a-ac37-ccbce7c7964e/prideofplaceraster.format_png.resize_200x.png#logo
    Allison
    Customer Service at Promote Shetland
    E [email protected]
    W www.shetland.org

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    There was a newspaper article some years ago, I think someone posted it on SF, that talked about the first Shelties born on the Shetlands in many decades.

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  6. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    You would think that they would see it as good move for tourism. No Shetland Sheepdogs on the Shetland Islands? I bet they get asked that question a lot!

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Amazing pictures, thanks so much for posting Glenn!

Surprising that for a breed that originated there, there are so few there. You'd be amazed at how many Sheltie's you see at any obedience/Rally trial here. We have at least 4 reputable breeders within an hours drive!

Sharon7 and Calliesmom like this.
  9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    probably not as much as it needs to be asked:winkgrin:
    there are still tons of people that don't really know about shelties- sometimes I think it's better that way..................

Sharon7 likes this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    it used to be that way but a lot of the trials that Cran went to last year- he was the only sheltie entered in rally. there might have been a couple more in obedience but go to any agility trial down here....... lots of shelties..........

Sharon7 likes this.