Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Non-sheltie, but had to share this 'unique' adoptee posting...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sandy in CT, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
  2. Daisy1015

Daisy1015 Premium Member

May 2, 2014
    Oh.my.gosh.

oh.my.gosh.

now contrast that to the marketing pitch by the rescue!

this is worse than the bio written about a local spca adorable yorkie mix... til i read the bio. That one got adopted

KarenCurtis, RikyR, Darren and 5 others like this.
  3. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I found this both funny and sad. I hope Prancer gets the home of his dreams.

KarenCurtis, RikyR, Darren and 4 others like this.
  4. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    LOL This was posted on their website several days ago and then CNN picked it up and did a story on it and now they are getting inquiries from all over the world about Prancer! This rescue is truly a wonderful group...I adopted both my little Tessa and our precious little hospice doggie, Rugby from them...sadly both had only a few months with us but I would do it all over again. This rescue is 100% dedicated to taking dogs who are seniors, have health issues or are just considered not adoptable by other rescues and by shelters. I can't say enough good things about the people who volunteer to work as foster homes for these dogs, about the lady who runs this rescue and about the vet clinic that gives this rescue never ending support in trying to save little dogs who they take in literally sometimes at death's door. Rescue groups simply don't come any better than this group!!!

Trini

5. Sandy in CT

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I actually thought he'd be perfect for my daughter, who babysits another 'terror' chihuahua 'Bob' who is butter in her hands. But Bob likes the boyfriend and Bob has a family of his own that pays for his upkeep. Dear daughter is a broke, almost graduated college student who will soon be out in the world and will soon get smacked in the face with that word we all dread yet know so well..... BILLS!

The PERFECT home is out there for Prancer and I bet he just blossoms in it once 'his' space is found! I think he's cute!

RikyR, Darren, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    C5FEC102-88AA-4EED-A09D-9DC473F6C4FE.jpeg BD241FF7-05BE-4736-AEBE-066196300014.jpeg Gezzz...
    He just showed up on Inside Edition! Many people want to adopt him!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    RikyR, Darren, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Ahhhh, the power of the internet! Getting this guy all this exposure should result in the perfect home, all right. I laughed and laughed at the bio, but yes, tinged with sadness at how he'd been raised. I used to not like Chihuahuas at all after having been a vet tech (believe it or not though the WORST dogs in our practice were Cocker Spaniels!!!) but after volunteering for many years at the shelter I totally changed my mind on them. Yes some are neurotic but a lot of them are fun, scrappy, personality-laden little dogs.

8. Sandy in CT

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I was never really a fan until daughter started babysitting Bob - he has so much personality!!!

I am not a fan of black labs - neighbor's attacked my sheltie when I was young, then came at me, mom beat the dog with a metal rake, it took off and slaughtered about 1/2 of my chickens.

I am terrified of pit bulls after having a close call with a neighbor's just a few years ago. I babysat and walked him for years. Went to walk him one day and did everything the same, announcing myself and all. When I opened the door, he blasted at me from inside, tried to bit my stomach but his head hit my ribcage and he bounced back a bit. I had kept my hand on the doorknob and started beating him with the door and he backed in. He bruised my ribs and left bruise-marks of his incisor and surrounding teeth on my stomach, just a pin hole from that incisor. I was so very lucky. We recently had a pit bull puppy try to join our puppy playgroup but my trainer asked them to choose another group when I couldn't deal with the 'pass the puppy' time with him.

Most rescues are pitties labeled as something else. At least Prancer is what he is! I think Prancer just needs the right owner!

KarenCurtis, Ann, Darren and 2 others like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Ah yes...the typical non socialized no obedience small dog syndrome lol.
    This dog could be the poster child for what NOT to do with a dog lol.
    I have a 92 year old client who got a high energy Yorkie (this dog is bigger than Piper, I’ve never seen such a big Yorkie!) and while she does take him for walks he’s crazy when anyone goes over...

Sandy in CT, Darren and Sharon7 like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Omg Gloria your so lucky you thought fast! I know some people believe they can be good I wouldn’t want one near me! After too many pit attacks the breed was banned where I live. I’m happy with my Shelties!

ghggp, KarenCurtis, Ann and 1 other person like this.