Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Not again!

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Darren, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    I honestly am starting to think we really are cursed!!
    Little Monty had an accident this morning and I'm not actually sure what happened, I think he may have run head first into the door while he was just, well being Monty (all I heard was a thud and found Monty laying at the door). He is currently at the vets getting xrays to see what is wrong and will also need to have front teeth removed. We are confident everything will be ok it's just always a worry when they need to go under anesthetic. He needs to get teeth removed and anything that shows up in xrays....which will hopefully be nothing (he is currently going in for the xrays now).

I just can't get a break with the poor little guy, he's going to bankrupt me.

KarenCurtis, Hanne, RikyR and 5 others like this.
  2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Poor guy, but yes I can picture him flying around a corner expecting the door to be open then WAM! You must have been REALLY bad when you were young to deserve this penance (just kidding I would take Monty in a second :) )

Hanne, RikyR, Darren and 6 others like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Oh Darren, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope Monty's xrays show nothing serious and he can be back home tormenting...err, having fun with you very soon. I hope they let him take Mr. Broccoli with him at the vet's! Sending prayers for him, please keep us posted. Hugs!

ghggp, Darren, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Oh no! Poor Monty! I wonder if neutering would slow him down...just a thought.
    Poor guy, and poor you...that must’ve been quite traumatic to see him like that!
    Sending prayers and positive thoughts that’s he’s home soon and back to his old self!

Hanne, ghggp, Darren and 5 others like this.
  5. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Oh, Darren...how frightening! Sending lots of prayers and healing thoughts for your precious little lad. Poor Monty...and poor you...you both need a break! I am SO sorry this happened but know that Monty is one tough little guy and I am sure he will be back to getting into mischief soon. :hugs Please know you are in our thoughts.
    Trini

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    Hanne, ghggp, Darren and 5 others like this.
  6. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    poor Monty- can't imagine what you thought when you saw him...... hope that he can still carry Mr B wherever he goes.................

ghggp, Darren, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    OMG Darren! If he slammed into the door hard enough to have to lose front teeth - I can't imagine! I hope he's OK - you both really can't be carrying on this way and the expenses are not trivial. I think you said you had pet insurance, at least that would help. Please know you and Monty are in our prayers and I hope nothing else is seriously wrong. :hugs :fl

Hanne, ghggp, Darren and 3 others like this.
  9. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Oh my goodness! Poor Monty, poor you and your poor wallet! I hope all is well with him! Please do update us on our special little guy.

Sharon7, Ann, Darren and 1 other person like this.
  10. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Thanks everyone and sorry to worry you, this little guy is going to be the death of me. I honestly can't take my eyes off him for a second without him doing something.
    After a day at the vets they have said he has concussion and has had to have front teeth removed (I've made that photo small for people who don't want to see).
    I cancelled my insurance as the policy went up by hundreds due to his illness a year ago.......bad call on my side....
    He's back home (very drugged up and quiet) but he's not allowed to carry Mr Broccoli for 7days to protect his mouth wound and stitches, that is going to be fun. The vets must think I'm the worlds worst dad for the amount of times we have to go. I really need to start obediance classes when they open to maybe try and get him to stay out of all the trouble he gets himself into. I still think today for what-ever reason he just decided to run head on into the door while I was in the other room.

Monty313.jpg
    Monty314.jpg

Hanne, RikyR, Margi and 6 others like this.