Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Obedience and Rally trial

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Piper's mom, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Another obedience trial weekend. I have Piper entered in Rally Excellent (been out of it for 2 years) and Finnie in Novice Friday through Monday. Should be interesting with Finnie...he's got sooo much energy! Plus, if we get his Novice in 3 trials I'll move him up to Advanced. Finnie off leash....I'll REALLY have to talk to him lots!
    Piper is also entered in Utility Saturday through Monday (we're going for mat time today) so fingers crossed third times a charm (this is the third dog show we've entered this year). We started this journey a year ago at this same show we have this weekend so I'm hoping we're a team from start to finish!:fl

Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    FINGERS AND PAWS CROSSED for a great showing, Lisa!

Piper's mom and Calliesmom like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Good luck:yes:
    I'm sure that you'll do great:smile2:

Piper's mom likes this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Well we got in the ring today for mat time and if Piper's focus, eagerness and drive are any indication we should ace it. He did everything correct.
    Crazy the things you'll do for a dog show...drove a total of 3 hours there and back just to get in the ring for 30 minutes! I think it'll pay off in the end!

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Now that is true dedication!
    Go Piper!!!!

Calliesmom likes this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Go Finnie too ! Lol

I'll get video of their Rally runs from today and this weekend. Rally is supposed to start at 12:30 today so after I'm on with Piper (I'll need to tire him out for a half hour or so before we go on or its bark bark bark lol) then I can work on expending some of Finnie's energy. I'm bringing the flexi and a ball and a frisbee so I can tire him out. He was so distracted by everything yesterday and whiny! Fortunately I'll have about an hour (at least...this judge is notorious for being slow) between runs.

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    My bad... yes, GO, Finnie ... too!
    Looking forward to those videos!

Gezzz, Liam is the worst whiner ever!

Piper's mom and Calliesmom like this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that's good that you'll have time between the dogs.... you really need that.
    you are more dedicated than I am- even when there's a match 1 or 2 hours away, I tend not to go- too lazy.
    I might need to do that when I start showing the younger boys- Cran is pretty good about going anywhere and being fine wherever we are......

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  9. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    yay! Love those pre-trial matches! So worth the drive! Good luck this weekend, paws crossed for that last leg!

ghggp, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I don't know that I'd drive 1 or 2 hours for a match but in the future who knows? We're losing a dog building where they usually do 3 or 4 matches a year, rent is doubling so they're not renewing the lease. I may have to drive further for them and they are sooo beneficial!

ghggp and Calliesmom like this.