Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Oberon visiting the hospital

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by mimiretz, Oct 1, 2020.

1. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    So I had emergency hernia surgery last Wednesday night and was in the hospital until Tuesday. Sunday evening Lee was able to bring Oberon to visit me. He was fantastic! He came in the room and immediately jumped on the bed, sniffed me to make sure I was okay, then curled up at my feet. He made it clear that's where he was going to stay. Numerous hospital personnel came into the room because they knew he was there. He let everyone pet him, and didn't bark once (truly a miracle for a Sheltie!). Lee had brought some Snawsauges, so everyone was able to give him a treat -- which of course he felt was his due since he was the king of the day.

When I did get home he spent the entire first day on the bed with me, refusing to move even to let Lee sit down. He's a little more normal today, but is still keeping a really close eye on me. And yes, he brought me some toys...

Hanne, GlennR, jomuir and 11 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Oh my!!! First and foremost - feel better - heal up!!! Rest, recuperate, love on that Oberon!!! Second - how cool that not only was your husband able to be with you, but Oberon as well. We are on such strict stuff here in CT, I was in the ER mid September and it was horrible - hubby could not come in with me, we could not communicate he could not communicate with the ER docs or even know what was going on - I was in no state to deal with ER doc or nurses, it was horrible - he was stuck out in the car, no info, no phone, no way to get info or get in touch with me. I cannot image being in an operative state here where we are - Love your hubby and love your docs and nurses and especially love your Oberon! Feel better!!!!

RikyR, Darren, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So sorry to hear you were in the hospital needing surgery! Thank goodness they allowed visitors especially these days like Sandy mentioned!
    Oberon takes his guard duties seriously! He is not going to let you out of his site! Rest up!

Hanne, RikyR, Darren and 2 others like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh boy that must have been stressful! So glad you are back at home and how special that both hubby and Oberon were able to visit. He's definitely playing nursemaid now, what a good boy!! Hope you feel better soon.

As a hospital nurse I always loved having the dogs come into visit with their owners. It was really helpful for their recovery and it gave the staff a boost, too!

Hanne, RikyR, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I'm glad your home and hope your feeling better! How wonderful is that that both hubby and dog were able to visit! I can only imagine how good that must've made you feel to be able to see Oberon (and your hubby of course lol)!
    Rest up, get better and enjoy your special time with your boy!

Hanne, RikyR, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    that's a great hospital to let Oberon visit you.
    hope your recovery is uneventful:yes:

ghggp, Darren, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Rest and feel better! Good boy, Oberon!

Darren, Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  8. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Heel up and he needs more treats when he gets home. Though probably not snawsuages as those are pretty rich....

9. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    What a great Sheltie ambassador! Agree with the others—get well soon!

10. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I’m so sorry to hear that you are in the hospital....but wow! So nice that your pup was able to join you.