Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Oh Spring

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by JacqueZ, Feb 26, 2018.

1. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Bathing Honey in the spring ends up a weekly chore because she enjoys running through the mud so much.

Today I swept, and mopped, and bathed, and brushed, and vacuumed, and changed the sheets (on bed and couch) and finally collapsed down onto my nice fresh bed, exclaiming "finally clean!"

I then ran my hands I've the fresh sheets, gathering a crop of newly shed hair, "...well, clean being relative when you own dogs"

:ROFLMAO:

Jams, ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I hear you and of course with Shelties if you don't vacuum daily people think you haven't vacuumed in a month:ROFLMAO: and ALWAYS oodles of dog hair on sheets even after you've washed them!

JacqueZ, ghggp and RikyR like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I vacuum every week, whether we need to or not. :lol:

JacqueZ and ghggp like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Vacuuming is every other day for me - love the hair on my dogs but NOT on the floor! Just bought a new couch cover also, the kind that has a flap for the arms of the couch. Happy with that since mine always snuggle into the corners.

JacqueZ likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    :ROFLMAO:;):ROFLMAO: Yep, twice a week for me as well!

:arghh::shifty::arghh: Since I got Baron it has been so much WORSE! My home has light colored floors and boy does his hair ever show up!

:happy:;):) Would rather have that than the alternative... not having dogs!!!!

Jams, Piper's mom and JacqueZ like this.
  6. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    For us it was getting Mango that really did it. Honey shed awful the first year and after that was pretty manageable. Getting Mango (border mix) I thought, they're both double coated breeds, it'll be the same. OH MY GOD! Where does this dog get all the hair, why is it never on her body! Whether I swept that day or not, I'm picking up clumps from the corner. I always say she's payback for me laughing at people who owned labs who would say, "I love shelties, but I could never own one with all that hair" Meanwhile I'd be brushing a small pile of their dogs back where I was petting them.

7. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    LOL, I have gone out to some of my sites for work and had people picking the hair off my sweater :) I've given up. And, to make matters worse, I have one black dog and one white dog. I can't win no matter what I wear.

JacqueZ and Piper's mom like this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    :ROFLMAO: Our friends who have had multiple labs have much worse hair problems than us for sure! My DH and our friend work together and my hubby says our friend's work chair is COVERED in yellow lab hair - hitches a ride on his clothes and then works it's way into the fabric of the chair!! One friend shaves her Lab in the summer to try and deal with it, but it still sheds, only really, really short hairs!!!;)

Cara Sandler and JacqueZ like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    :gaah:yuckyuck:gaah Me either!

Cara Sandler likes this.
  10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Earlier when I had GDS then you could talk about a home with dog hairs home :yes:

Since I have my Minnie - here is hardly any hair home:no:
    - but when I brush her then there's hair from a whole herd :yes:

Sharon7, Piper's mom and JacqueZ like this.