Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

One Year Since Losing our Very Special Boy

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by LaddieKatieMom, Jul 10, 2015.

1. LaddieKatieMom

LaddieKatieMom Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Have to say it again...can't believe it is a year since we lost our very special and very wonderful rescue boy Laddie. We miss him every day. Funny thing... one of his favorite places to hang out was under our corner table, nicknamed "the cave". As of late, Lady has been going in and out of there. I wonder if he is visiting and she is seeing him. Hope he is playing with my Angel girl Katie, and all the other blessed shelties until we are together again. Not a very cheerful day for me, but Lady will cover me with her kisses when I get home from work.:(

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I feel for you! I still miss my first rescue Billy.

They are never gone from your heart and soul.
    Laddie is waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge with Katie. :hugs

Memories will always be with you...

Thank goodness Lady is available for all those hugs and kisses you need now!

3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Losing our beloved companions is always a renewable sadness, no matter how many times one has been through this, they will all always have a place in our hearts. :hugs

4. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    hugs to you

Anniversaries of passings are SO rough. My heart goes out to you! Shelties don't last long enough...and the hole that remains just doesn't quite fill up. Focus on the fun memories. I always blow bubbles, because all my girls have loved to chase and pop bubbles and somehow that helps me remember the joy that brought to all of us.

5. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Missing your Laddie will always be with you...we never do fully get past the heartbreak of losing such a special soul. Lady's kisses will help and hopefully memories of happy times spent with Laddie will help too...but the sadness is always lurking and hits especially hard on anniversaries.

My heart goes out to you on this day. :hugs

Trini

6. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    I'm so very sorry, losing our heart dogs and BFF's is never easy. I still have a problem on Bambi's anniversary as well. I just think of some of the fun times we had and I know that she will be waiting for me at the Bridge when it's my turn. :hugs :cry:

7. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    The first anniversary was the hardest. I took the day off, and reminisced about all the good times we had with Cody. After that day, I kinda had a weight lift off my shoulders and felt a lot better. Still miss him, but it does not hurt nearly as much. Cody's favorite spot was under the end table next to the couch where I would sit to watch TV. Just recently, Zulu has started to lay in the exact spot. What you say could be true....