Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Online pharmacy

Discussion in 'Drugs & Medications' started by SheepOfBlue, Nov 21, 2020.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    OK I might be getting to be an old cranky buzzard but @#[email protected]#[email protected]#%%!!!!!!

They don't have it so use our online thing. First up no prices until you hit the cart. Second it is for 6 months not a year (that is likely the vet). Next because Spitfire and Angus are the same I can get the 12 pack and save $35, nope it hates that. Third was it complained about the password and said call customer support. Then it wanted a survey :devil: I did that.

So after all that I am not even sure if I have Heartworm meds for the guys on the way or not. I can see a visit to the vet to get a hand written one for a [email protected]#[email protected] year then carry it to someone local.

<end rant><for now>

2. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    Oh and for those wondering no Spitfire is not planning on opening a bootleg Trifexis dealership, he hates the stuff.

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Some of them really can be a pain! I get most of the standard meds like heartworm from Chewy. They're pretty good, and will contact the vet for you. As long as the vet approves the larger size, you're good. I do that with Cerenia (get the 24 mg and cut them in half since they're so expensive) and when I explained that to my vet he agreed and approves my refills.

I actually have mine on auto refill and I don't even have to order when I need it. They just get vet approval and ship it.

4. SheepOfBlue

Oct 15, 2009
    I don't do auto anything. Best way to not get shanked by a price increase is to have to approve stuff ;-)

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and Calliesmom like this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    I just ordered heartworm for the pack on my vet's online pharmacy. I ordered 2 twelve packs- one for Cran and Jo and one for Dix and Destin. It did not have an issue although it complained when I accidentally picked Cran for the lower weight dose. so hopefully, we'll get some boxes in the mail sometime......

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Interestingly, my vet has stopped working directly with online pharmacies. She said they had too much trouble with mistakes. So now it's either get it from them or she will write a paper prescription for me to send off. So that's what I did; mailed off the paper to Chewy and got the Credelio.

SheepOfBlue likes this.