Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Oops! Help Retraining mistakenly-learned command??

Discussion in 'Sheltie Training' started by gotsheeps?, Mar 1, 2017.

1. gotsheeps?

gotsheeps? Forums Novice

Dec 14, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hard to explain in a title - problem is, my sheltie sometimes learns things the first time. Wanted to click train "Gimme a kiss". She was giving kisses, so I took the opportunity and gave the command - she stuck her face close and I thought was going to give me a kiss, and it all went so fast that she actually just put her chin on my shoulder instead, and I was already midway into the click and "Good Girl!" -- So, of course that's the time it sticks for EVER and now "Gimme a kiss" means put your chin on my shoulder. =/ How do I UN-learn it with her now?? Any help, please! Getting this girl to give kisses is usually like pulling teeth and when I do get one, its usually a surprise attack and then only one very quick flick. Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks!

2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Find another Command :)

3. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Like Hanne said, you could just use a different word command like "Kisses" or "smooch". It doesn't necessary need to be those words, just something along that line.

4. gotsheeps?

gotsheeps? Forums Novice

Dec 14, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Thanks! Great suggestions, I will use all of them!

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I recommend, "Keess me, you fool!" said in a Garbo-esque accent.

Cara Sandler likes this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I taught Piper to give kisses by first teaching him touch, but I knew someone who'd taught her sheltie kisses and she said she held his face in her hands and brought his nose to hers and said kiss and then treated him. She continued this way until he started doing it himself.