Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Ordering food online

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by ghggp, Mar 23, 2020.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Ok, so I thought I would place an order online at Chewy for dog food...
    Apparently, many sizes of food are out of stock...
    Normal 2-day delivery has changed to 7-10 days...

"Things are a little backed up on our end with many pet parents ordering food and supplies. Rest assured, we're working hard to deliver your order as soon as possible while caring for the health and safety of our team members.
    We expect most orders to be delivered within the next 7-10 days. You'll automatically receive a tracking link as soon as your order ships. Nothing to do on your part. We're taking care of it."

Just a heads up for everyone...

2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Better to wait than go back and forth to the store. At least they tell you what to expect. I guess more are ordering online now.

ghggp and TheDailyPainter like this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    My breeder warned me about this so we ordered the puppy food right away last week. She will give us some food to take home. I did manage to find a 15 pound bag of the Fromm puppy food I want to switch to but want to do it super gradually. Hope to get our shipment end of this week. :fl Can't believe people are now making runs on dog food! The pet store said they'd never seen anything like it before.

4. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I was lucky, Chewy shipped in five days instead of two, hopefully it stays that way. I had to buy an 8 lb bag of Purina One from Stop and Shop because we had run out of dog food, and the local pet food store is closed except for curbside pickup. Chewy is wonderful!

5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    fyi. I'm on an IBD for dogs group and people there are really worried about the food because it's life or death for many dogs,
    One of the mods on that site said Royal Canin also suggested another online shop called PetFlow if you are having trouble with Chewy. Comparible pricing and free shipping.

Piper's mom, KarenCurtis and ghggp like this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks so much Caro! They had my food in stock! Great to have options!

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    I'm trying online shopping for Monty and getting similar times (7 to 14 days).
    I drove nearly 60 miles yesterday to 4 different large pet stores and they have been emptied. All the shelves had nothing on, even the cheap cans that no-one buys are gone. Lucky for me that he is tiny and doesn't eat much :lol:

ghggp, Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I received this email from the company I order my dehydrated raw from. I wonder if other companies are having issues with their shipping providers that is slowing down the deliveries.
    Fortunately I don't feed them this daily, just more of a back up so I'm not in a rush to get it. IMG_0036.jpg

9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    A new reality...

Piper's mom likes this.
  10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I have to make Flurry's food. Our stores are wiped clean of all frozen veggies, which cook in the crock pot with ground meat. Yesterday I went in and picked up three packages of hamburger and they would only let me buy two! They are limiting quantities! It takes four pounds of meat to make two weeks of food for her, plus frozen veggies. I just put my groceries in the car and went back and bought two more packages of meat but I'm going to have to figure out the veggies once my supply runs out. She can only have leafy green veggies like kale and collard greens so it's hard to even find those fresh.

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.