Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Our Sweet Bella is Gone :(

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by kstraub73, Apr 25, 2020.

1. kstraub73

kstraub73 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 7, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    Hi everyone!

Bella's battle with kidney disease is finally done. She did really well, considering, until about a few weeks ago. She started having some neurological issues and just not feeling well, started getting picky with her food again, until she really stopped eating food altogether, other than cheese and hot dogs and freeze dried turkey.

She had a short seizure on Wednesday and just didn't rebound much after that. Was really lethargic and we just knew that it was her time. :bigtears: Our vet was amazing, with all the COVID stuff going on, and stayed with us as long as needed.

We have been giving Oreo lots of extra attention - walks were Bella's thing, but we've been keeping Oreo on them just to maintain his normal schedule. But I haven't had a dry eye on one yet. I know I'll get there. I know she's at peace now. And I can't wait for the day that we get to see her again.

Thanks for all your suggestions and support when I've stopped by for updates! It has been so much appreciated as we went on this journey. Take care!

Kerri

2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I am so sorry for your loss. It's always hard to say goodbye, even when you know it's time.
    Oreo must be a great comfort to you (and you to him)

hugs and belly rubs

Cindy and Gavin

kstraub73 likes this.
  3. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I am so so sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet Bella. Times are so tough right now, and to lose a furbaby in the middle of it is devastating. My thoughts are with you.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    kstraub73 likes this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Really sorry that Bella has left you. I've been through the kidney disease struggle twice myself. It was tough. Many hugs to you and I hope in time your good memories of Bella will dry your tears.

kstraub73 likes this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    Having lost a dog less than a year ago I know how difficult it is but you fought a valiant fight to keep her with you as long as you did and gave her a wonderful life.
    RIP sweet Bella:hugs:cry:

kstraub73 likes this.
  6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I'm so very sorry to hear about Bella. I know how hard you worked to keep her comfortable during her illness. Saying goodbye, even when you know it's time, is so difficult. We just went through it with our Barkley in a similar situation as yours, and I sympathize with your loss. Sending you hugs, and wishing you warm memories of your precious girl. :hugs

Piper's mom and kstraub73 like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    So sorry to hear of your loss!

8. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    So sorry for your loss of Bella, but now she's got peace :hugs

It is so indescribably hard to stand back with the great grief - I feel with you.

9. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Lost Cody to kidney disease. Our hearts break for you.

kstraub73 and Piper's mom like this.
  10. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my 15yr old Harley last year so I know how hard it is.

Take care, Monty and I are sending virtual hugs :hugs

kstraub73 and Piper's mom like this.