Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Outdoor Bark Control Unit...

Discussion in 'Other Equipment' started by Celtic Fire, Mar 22, 2010.

1. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    We had one of those for a short time for Milo's barking. It certainly didn't kill his spirit, as a matter of fact he got used to it very quickly and didn't care about the sound it made when he barked. We took it back to the store and got a refund.

2. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas
    Oh how awful for this family :no:. Without knowing all the facts it's hard for me to say what I would do, but I think I would figure out some way to keep my pet. I might get law enforcement involved IF that hasn't been done yet. I just don't think I would let a neighbor bully me in this way..:cool:

3. Celtic Fire

Celtic Fire Forums Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My friend is sending her dog to live with a friend or family. She wasn't clear on which.

I provided her links to the ASPCA's animal cruelty page, but she feels too intimidated by her neighbor's presence in the community and financial influence to feel that her pleas would be heard in good faith. These same neighbors harass her in other ways, trying to get her to move out and while she wants to, she doesn't have the means to do that so she feels stuck in a stressful environment.

It's not a happy ending by any means, but she's made the decisions already and knows her situation better than any of us. At least she's seeing that the dog is somewhere where it's not suffering because of the neighbor's callous actions.

4. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas

Really, that's amazing..It just goes to show us all how so very different our dogs temperments are and what they will and will not respond to! My Megan would probably react like Milo but our beloved Golden Tyler would have been horrified as he was SOOO sensitive and eager to please us..

5. Diana

Diana Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    That's a scary story, Celtic Fire. That situation is extreme enough that I think your friend may want to look into getting the dog debarked.