Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Pea sized lump on back leg; any reason for concern?

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Katagaria, Oct 31, 2013.

1. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    I pulled a tick from Hanna's neck and it left a small bump as well. Lasted a few weeks, crusted over and disappeared.

2. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Any update? I think you said you were going to the vet.....Any feedback?

3. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    I usually do the week wait...If it hasnt changed gotten bigger changed color or what ever I keep an eye on it every week..If any of the above happens off to the vet we go! Tucker has a mast cell Tumor on his back leg removed this past summer..it went from nothing to quarter size angry red looking with in a week. Even the vet was shocked at how aggressive it was. It sounds like it was the same spot as yours too..it was right on his patella.

4. Katagaria

Katagaria Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2012
    Ireland
    I'm actually taking him to the vet this week, tomorrow hopefully if they have space, I have training tomorrow from 7am 'til 1pm so it'll be a full day for me.

Cosmo hasn't really been himself this weekend, he's been spending a lot of time with me/resting under my desk, which isn't like him at all, he's usually always on the go. But on walks he's been his usual chipper self.

His eyes have been very watery and he threw up a lot of bile on Friday morning. He just doesn't seem like himself. I'll be bringing up the lump with the vet too of course. :( Poor boy just seems not in good form at all, his ears have been hanging fairly low most of the time.

5. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Fingers crossed its nothing serious. Keep us posted.

6. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Poor baby. Praying all is well.:fl

7. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Keeping Cosmo in my prayers, as well.

Please continue to update us on how he is doing. Thanks.