Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Peace and Quiet!!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Monty has discovered birds visit our garden and is fascinated. Can't believe it has taken him until now to notice he can watch them from indoors. A pigeon caught his attention landing and he has quietly lay at the window for over an hour today watching them come and go. Finally a little peace and quiet as Monty never stays calm for 6 minutes never mind 60 :fl:lol:
    Monty54.jpg
    Monty55.jpg

2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Man, he has a BEAUTIFUL coat!!!!

It took a while, but you found a 'thing' of his - yeah!!!

3. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Thanks Sandy! It has taken a long time but his coat is nearly looking how it should be.
    lol I'm hoping his birdwatching isn't a one off and I finally have something to keep him chilled for a little while :lol:

Wendy C and ghggp like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan

Heck, if bird watching calms him down I bet you can get Bird DVDs and put it on the TV to see if you can get him to go watch and stay calm.

He sure does have a beautiful coat!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Hanne, Wendy C and Darren like this.
  5. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2019
    River likes rousting the birds out of the evergreen shrub in the yard. I feel kind of sorry for them on a cold day. He knows when they are in there and barks, "get out of there, get out of there," until they all scatter. He doesn't chase them though. Never chases squirrels or cares about them on walks either, even when they tease him. I have a pet bird and he never bothers him, or listens to him for that matter. The bird will bark, and then holler...QUIET! Lots of times he calls River very sweetly, also issues commands like down, or sit. River never even graces him with a glance.

DianeP, Hanne, Bailey's Mom and 2 others like this.
  6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    You might want to invest in some bird feeders, Darren! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Seriously, take it while you can get it. Mine love to chase the birds. Anything that keeps them occupied! (y) Although things got a little dicey in my backyard this week when our local bear appeared to raid the bird feeders....:wideyed:

7. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Thank's Gloria!
    Well I actually tried that today. I put a wildlife show from Netflix on the TV, fastforwarded to a part with birds and let Monty get in the chair. He looked like he was going to watch it so I quickly went to the kitchen and got a drink. When I came back he was chewing on the remote with his back to the TV :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I guess it has to be the real thing lol.

This really made me LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: too funny!

I really am going to buy some feeders on Monday and hang them near the window :lol:, bah it's worth a shot :ROFLMAO:
    Wow Ann that is scary and amazing! I don't have bears where I live so could only imagine one coming into the yard :jawdrop: I'm pleased you managed to keep everyone away from it!

SheepOfBlue, DianeP, ghggp and 5 others like this.
  8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    No joke, I went out one Saturday afternoon not too long ago to find five Shelties barking at the fence at a bear sitting 10 feet away looking at them. The barking sent him off before I could grab them all and my air horn. I can't let them out without checking the yard first. And the bears are unimpressed now when we chase them. It is scary! It's the downside to bird feeders...the bears love them.

Watson's Mom, DianeP, Darren and 5 others like this.
  9. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    You also find more ticks as birds are carriers of ticks!

Okay, so my idea to put You Tube on for him probably wouldn't fly. You Tube keeps Brodie entertained for hours! My guy loves TV more than my kids ever did!

Darren, ghggp and Hanne like this.
  10. Bailey's Mom

Bailey's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    Massachusetts
    We have lots of worms and other natural bird food that keeps the birds attracted to our yard and the girls love to chase them and the squirrels. Great exercise program.

Darren, ghggp and Hanne like this.