Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Penny Has Pancreatitis

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Chris, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Penny is very, very ill. She's been spending her days at the vet getting IV antibiotics and fluids and coming home at night. The inflamation is also in her gall bladder (no mucocele, than heavens). We have here here today, and I gave her fluids. Eating is dicey -- white rice and chicken, if she'll take it. Please keep her in your thoughts.

KarenCurtis, Hanne, Darren and 6 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I’m so sorry to hear Penny isn’t well Chris! I’ve never had a dog with pancreatitis but I’m hoping it a good sign that they’re letting her spend the nights at home...
    Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way:hugs:hugs:fl:fl

Hanne, Chris, trini and 4 others like this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh no!!! :( I went through this with Ally - and I know in people it's a very painful disease, I would think the same in dogs. I'm really sorry Chris and I'm sending up prayers for Penny's swift recovery. Your DH must be so upset - I know Penny is his special girl. :hugs:fl

Hanne, Chris, trini and 4 others like this.
  4. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Oh dag. Praying poor Penny has a full recovery! :fl

Chris, trini, ghggp and 5 others like this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Oh poor, poor Penny. She must be hurting so much pancreatitis and gallbladder are so painful.

Tully now has chronic pancreatitis and gosh it makes her sick, and it did impact her gallbladder (she ended up getting it out).

Dear, dear Penny I'll be thinking of you all.

Hanne, Chris, trini and 6 others like this.
  6. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Hope things go well for Penny and you. Will say a prayer for a good outcome :)

Chris, trini, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Hope Penny feels better soon!!!! Pancreatitis stinks - we dealt with it with Kooper, our doxie. I am glad she gets to be with you at night....

Chris, trini, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  8. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Oh Chris...I am so sorry that your sweet Penny is this ill. Sending hope and many prayers that she will be doing better soon. Please tell her that we are all pulling for her and give her a gentle hug from me.
    Trini

Hanne, Chris, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I’m so sorry Penny is sick, Chris, and I’m sending prayers for a quick recovery. Please give Brad’s precious girl a gentle pat for me. :hugs

Hanne, Piper's mom, Chris and 4 others like this.
  10. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Oh Chris I'm so sorry to hear about Penny! We'll be keeping you all in our thoughts and pray for a speedy recovery :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Hanne, Piper's mom, Chris and 4 others like this.