Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

People watching

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Piper's mom, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I spent the day rehabbing the front flower bed and Piper and Finnie spent most of the day outside with me. I live on a very busy street with lots of foot traffic (the public sidewalk is only 9 feet from my front steps). Piper and Finnie had quite a good time watching everyone (and many many dogs) go by. They were VERY good dogs, not breaking their stays at any point, even with other dogs nearby. They got more compliments than I can count!

Here they are in the evening (we were out from 5-8)
    https://imgur.com/a/kGCGyMc
    And in the morning (plus a few shots of the bed I was working on...it was 90% Day Lilies, very overgrown. I hate Day Lilies lol).
    We've lived here for 3 years now and I'm still fixing the yard....no end!

https://imgur.com/a/Q1diyFG

Jams, Sharon7, Wendy C and 9 others like this.
  2. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Ohio
    I only wish Devon would behave so well. He would have pulled the railing out of the concrete in order to get to the people walking by!

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Such good boys!!!! I bet they were exhausted after all their gardening!

I pulled so many of my daylillies this year. I had a few bunches scattered around the exterior of my vegetable garden, the bed out back and then the side garden bed. I was lucky to receive them as gifts from someone who had very cool, uniquely colored one so they are not the typical colors you see in garden centers. However, I rarely had a chance to see them bloom - when the buds swell up almost ready to pop they seem to be irresistible to deer! For years, I almost get to see them and then - boom (or crunch!) - and I am left with large clumps of grassy foliage and sticks with the tops munched off. I planted perennials all over my yard so that no matter where you look, something is in bloom spring to fall - and then I supplement in places with a few annuals. I'm not a fan of the wild orange daylillies, not a fan of orange and it would clash with my color schemes, but man, they grow like crazy all over and the deer don't touch them!

Wendy C, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    If nothing else it kept Finnie quiet lol. I've been having to stop him from doing his zoomies, he's showing no ill effects from being neutered last Friday and just wants to run! I don't want him to pull his stitches out. It was certainly good practice doing stays with all the distractions, we have a show in just over a week.

Wendy C and Calliesmom like this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    How long does he need to stay sorta calm? Kooper is 10 so it's been a while since I had a dog neutered and their stuff is so small, I think he only got glued if I remember, it was nothing much for him - Brodie is well endowed so I am not sure if that affects what they do with the neutering.

How exciting on the show - can't wait to see pics and hear news reports!!! Best of Luck Finnie!!!!

Calliesmom likes this.
  6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    SO ADORABLE!!!!

Calliesmom likes this.
  7. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    We also live on a busy street and have a fenced patio facing it. Cooper stands quietly watching neighbors walking their dogs and people riding bikes etc., but let a really LOUD motorcycle or other vehicle go by and he runs and barks. We figure he is telling them to get lost! lol

RikyR, KarenCurtis and Calliesmom like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What good boys! So well behaved and so beautiful to boot! No wonder you got so many compliments!
    I just LOVE Finnie's red coloring... Liam is so blond. Not near as dramatic!

9. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    If theyre in the yard it's bark bark bark, but on the steps they might emit a low bark but then are quiet. It's night and day lol.

10. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Thank you Gloria...don't be silly, Liam is gorgeous! He's got such an expressive face! Once our boys turn 3 they'll be head stoppers with their coats!

KarenCurtis and Calliesmom like this.