Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Permanent Dog License

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Ron Atkinson, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    The country that I live in has offered 1,3 year and permanent dog licenses this year.I had to go to the Auditors Office to get one but I figured Teddy is worth it. I still got lost but weather was nice :)

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Good idea! What is the cost for a permanent one?

Sandy in CT and Piper's mom like this.
  3. Ron Atkinson

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    I year 16 plus 2.75 admin fee .
    3 year 48 plus 2.75 admin fee.
    Permanent is 160 dollars Teddy is covered for life even if I pass before him. All in All not a bad deal. :)

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    That is an interesting option! We have 1, 2 or 3 years here, plus a break for senior citizens.

5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Great options! I think we have either a 1 or 2 year option but that’s it...and our license are almost 40/year! Unaltered is almost 80. If we had a good deal on a lifetime I’d definitely consider it unfortunately our city is too cheap.

6. Ron Atkinson

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    That's why I was so excited they came up with it but they didn't advertise it well, I just heard about it late last year. They also have a kennel license but that one is out of sight.
    The permanent license is not real popular though, Teddy's number is really low. My wife thinks I'm nuts.I told her I am considering it a early Christmas present to myself and actually getting something I wanted :)

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️

8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    WoW - your license fees are expensive!!!! I live in a SUPER expensive state, but surprisingly in my city, the annual dog license fee is 8.00 or 19.00 if unaltered.

I'd do a lifetime license just to avoid remembering to send the fee in every year. Down side would be, even after 6 months, the tags are pretty beat up, will they replace your tag if you need a new one or do you not use tags?

Sharon7, Ron Atkinson and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Ron Atkinson

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    I was surprised, instead of the cheap metal that my collection of 1 year taga are made. This one is more substantial and the auditor said if it wears out they will make a new one no charge.

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and Sandy in CT like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I remember a number of years ago our city was doing a ticketing blitz and checking yards and peeking in windows to see if people owned a dog. One lady got a notice in the mail to license her dog...it was a stuffed dog (not a real stuffed dog but a plush one). It becomes a problem when the city sees this as a revenue stream.

Sandy in CT, Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.