Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Pet Expo Maryland!

Discussion in 'Events' started by lovemyshelties, Jan 3, 2013.

1. lovemyshelties

lovemyshelties Forums Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2011
    Crofton, MD
    Volunteers with the Northern Chesapeake Sheltie Rescue (NCSR) of Maryland will be at booth #323 January 25-27 for the World of Pets Expo at the Maryland State Fair Grounds. :winkgrin:

Come one, come all to this wonderful event (there will be plenty to hold your attention) and show your support for this worthwhile cause by buying a gift or dropping off a donation at our booth.

Hope to see you there! Info and directions can be found at: http://www.worldofpets.org/MDmain.shtml

2. ortegah

ortegah Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Oh don't you worry, I'll be there from 8am Friday through Sunday night(agility show) :biggrin2:

3. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    Me too! It's the only trial where I actually do all three days. 11 runs worth!

Oh NO! What did I do to see p$ta ads? This offends me greatly, GoogleAds, you have failed me.

4. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    I have been planning on coming to the Expo on Fri. but we are supposed to be getting some snow that day...It's about 1 1/2 hour drive for me...is this something that would be rescheduled for snow, or do you think they will go ahead with it ? I have to work Sat. so that's out and Sun. is busy too so Fri. is pretty much it for me. Is this something I can bring Sally to or would she have to be in my truck most of the time ? Any input will be greatly appreciated. I was looking forward to finally meeting some of my fellow Maryland Sheltie Nation buddies. :yes:

5. ClantyreSheltie

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    Short of a foot of snow, we will be there. We had 6 inches one year, and the show went on. You know it's an Oriole Dog Training Club trial when the weather is crap.

I would advise not bringing your dog. It's hugely crowded, not all the dogs are under control, and even well behaved, stable dogs can get stressed. I'll be in the agility building at the end of the buildings, and my dogs will not venture out to the Expo side. Actually, I try not to venture to the expo side, because it's more people than I can really tolerate.

6. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    Great, I will probably come unless it's really bad out our way, and I won't bring Sal. I will look for you !!

7. ClantyreSheltie

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    If I'm not running, I'll be sitting at the tables scoring.

8. ortegah

ortegah Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Yep, it wouldn't be the Pet Expo without snow and/or ice! I'll be setting up tonight so I won't have to stress about unpacking in the snow tomorrow :winkgrin: