Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Pictures with Santa Paws?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Bailey's Mom, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Bailey's Mom

Bailey's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    Massachusetts
    So the other thread got me thinking if anyone else has seen offers for this from shelters at pet stores or other locations this year.

Other than last year due to COVID I've gotten the dogs pictures taken back to the first year when Bailey was a baby. It's always been a fun tradition and over the years I've even got some great professional shots of the dogs depending on which fundraiser we went to and I cherish those pictures. The events are almost always fundraisers held for a local shelter with either an amateur photographer or when we've been really fortunate there are a couple of really good local professional photographers that work with the shelters to raise money donating their time and raising money from the pictures that people buy.

Last year it was obvious the tradition was not happening. This year I think I might have located a "Winter Wonderland" event through Loyal Companion but so far that's been the only hint of a return of dog themed pics and while I haven't been able to nail down the details this looks like it is just a backdrop and a do it yourself take your own pictures. Anyone else had better luck finding pictures this year?

Hanne, Piper's mom and Ron Atkinson like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Our town is not that big, so we don't usually have this as an option, although it sounds fun. I hope you find something so you can continue the tradition!

Hanne and Piper's mom like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I sure hope you are able to get your pictures this year! ❤️❤️❤️

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  4. Bailey's Mom

Jun 17, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I think we've only done it once in our own town. The chain pet stores in the areas have been more likely to host these events in the area rather than the independent one store places as I suspect it takes resources that some of the sole operators may not have??? Most years we've gone to a pet store in my home town which is almost on the same road as our Vet.

Recently one of the chains that did it for years got bought out and in turn they bought out some of the independent pet stores as well and while the previous chain was great about posting events online the new operators not so great. Also finding them harder to contact by phone.

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Just wondering if you have a Facebook group for the dog lovers in your community...we have one here (called Manitoba dogs list) and they often list some of the different places offering Santa pictures as well as some relatively inexpensive professional pictures. Just a thought....

Ann, Sharon7, Hanne and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bailey's Mom

Jun 17, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Think I located a place. One of our favorite dog photographers is doing a one day only session at one of the branches of the pet store that's been buying out all the others around here. I really miss the old management though. You could do things like gasp register for events online. Oooh the technology of it all. Or even call and register. Seems like I'm going to have to go to register in person but with Katy being 13 getting a really nice professional shot of her and Annie together is worth the effort. I love the pics with Santa.

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Just found out one of our pet stores is going to have Santa pix this year…….

8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    and just got an email that Petsmart is doing pictures the next 3 weekends
    I wasn't impressed the last time we did Petsmart- didn't have a real Santa- just a backdrop

Sharon7, Ron Atkinson and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    The last time I got pictures of the dogs with Santa I wasn’t impressed with the quality....I could’ve taken better pictures with my phone. Their fur looked yellow/ dirty and they’d both had a bath. You just never know...

Sharon7, Ron Atkinson and Sandy in CT like this.
  10. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I think Brodie would have a heart attack if he saw a guy in a red costume.... and if I wanted him to sit with a guy in a red costume? Oh my... I can just imagine the barking... Deacon would probably go check out the big guy to see if he had any cheese in his pockets....

Agway by me always used to do Christmas portraits, will have to see if they are this year. Have never done. Might be something to consider for an activity if I didn't have anything else to stress over that day... lol!

Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.