Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Piper obedience brag

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Piper's mom, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I have Piper entered for his Utility August 16-19 and so far in 2 days he's gotten two legs of his Utility, 3 high in class and a high in trial (from yesterday's Open trial). Today (and yesterday) wasn't pretty but it was a leg!
    Yesterday's wasn't 'bad' but he dropped the bell in articles (2pts) and no front (2 points) and I held the signal for directed jumping (2point) but he got a 196 in Open (bad fronts and finishes).
    Today though OMG my legs were shaking:ROFLMAO:...doing second article, he was great with the first but the lady before me had hay and who knows what else in her bag when they dumped them out. They cleaned it as best they could but while looking for the second article he caught a whiff of something. He then stopped and STARED at me for a good minute! My trainer was behind the stewards table and she moved around trying to get him back on track and then the judge (who was FANTASTIC) cleared his throat and Piper started looking again and found the correct one! No sit on the second go out either but a win is a win! I'll post a video later (from today...don't know if you can see my legs shaking but yikes....)
    Two more days, Sheltie Specialty obedience trial tomorrow (Utility and Open:fl) and then the regular obedience we have Utility plus Utility on Sunday.

Jams, Margi and ghggp like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
  3. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
  4. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
  5. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb

Stand for exam

Hanne and ghggp like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb

Directed Jumping

Hanne and ghggp like this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much enthusiasm Piper has!
    Congrats on successful runs! Give PIPER a HUGE HUG and KISS!

Thanks for posting these videos!
    Fingers crossed for the next two days!

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Very, very well done! I am always in awe of the Utility teams.

Thank you for posting the videos - the one of him doing articles just about killed me, even though I knew it had a happy ending. :nailbiting:

Good boy, Piper!

10. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    How do you think I was feeling:ROFLMAO:...my knees were knocking practically! When we came home I did some 'find mine' (fun articles game.)..i hold a scented blank article and run around the pile of articles pushing him away, I then toss the scented article into the pile and send him to find mine. I needed to get him off of staring at me when he KNOWS what to do. Then when he's having lots of fun we do a few formal 'find mine'. He's good for tomorrow.:fl But I'll still say a prayer tonight lol. New judge too.

ghggp likes this.