Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Piper Utility trial November 8th

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Piper's mom, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Here's the video from Piper's qualifying run. Pay special attention to the first search for article #1. He's so smart it amazes me! I didn't want to get overly excited until I heard the judge say congratulations lol...
    Sorry about the quality...my sister was the videographer and clearly she needs to keep her day job lol.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I should add that I believe that Piper caught my expression on my face when he almost returned with the wrong article (I had thought ok...you've screwed me again....)
    That's when he suddenly turned and returned the bell to the pile and picked up the correct one.
    The judge told me that it was a good thing she hadn't started to return to me as it probably would've distracted Piper.
    He amazes me sometimes!

Calliesmom and KarenCurtis like this.
  3. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Wow, where are you proficient :yes:

it is so beautiful to look at - a pleasure to see Piper work :hugs

Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  4. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2019
    Excellent! What an accomplishment.

5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    He is amazing to watch! And I love that he caught site of your sister filming at the very beginning but didn't lose a beat! Congratulations!

6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Oh my goodness, what a good boy! You've done a fabulous job training him! He was spot on! Such fun to watch how focused he is. Congratuations, Lisa!! :biggrin2:

7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That was scary watching in the video...could've gone a different way! Next time she'll have to be further away!

Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow, the exuberance Piper shows in the ring is so impressive! You just can't train that! It just shows how much fun he is having with you!
    You guys just took my breath away. Piper, I want to give you a HUGE VIRTUAL HUG!

That was one impressive round - WE at SN are all so proud of you guys! The dedication you have and the love of Piper is just heartwarming!
    Go, Lisa and Piper! GREAT JOB!

Hanne, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I love watching him in the videos! I don't look at him when we're heeling, can cause a lag so I just place my faith in him and trust he'll be there. He trusts me too. I'm finding as I become more confident in the ring he does better...if I'm nervous he picks up on it right away and doesn't perform as well. Love this boy❤️❤️❤️.

Hanne and Calliesmom like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Thank you Ann! I played with him more in the ring than I used to and I maintained the physical connection with him by petting him all the time... makes all the difference! If I'm too serious I lose him fast, and understandably so. He's just the smartest!

Calliesmom and Ann like this.