Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Piper's back in form

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Piper's mom, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    We had to take a 5 week break from practicing Piper's obedience due to a shoulder injury (I was beginning to think he may not be able to return to it) however due to luck (or a miraculous recovery) he's back to it and very happy for it I might add! As much as I was worried he would forget much of what he's learnt it seems I had nothing to worry about...in fact the break seemed to help him more than hinder him. When he hurt himself we had started working on his articles for about a month and he was starting to understand what he was supposed to do but now...wowza he s got it! I'm only doing work with him that don't involve any jumps until his muscle strength has improved and we get approval from the vet to do them but if his success with the articles is any indication of his learning then we have nothing to worry about...plus we're not in any hurry as I don't intend to enter him in any competition again until perhaps March.
    Here's a short video of him doing the articles (sorry for the orientation of it, my fault lol), it took him 20 seconds to find the right one but he never gave up!

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Piper, you never cease to amaze me!
    What a GOOD BOY you are!

Keep it up... March will be coming soon and I know you will be ready for anything!
    So glad you have recovered!

Piper's mom likes this.
  3. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Thanks Gloria, you are Piper's #1 fan!

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    You bet we are!

Baron and I are such novices... you guys give us something to shoot for!

Piper's mom likes this.
  5. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Great job! Love it! You've got this Piper!!! :)

Piper's mom likes this.
  6. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Thank you 2GoodDogs, he's definitely getting it. I'm looking forward to Christmas being over so I can move the jumps into the basement and really getting to work on his utility. Our winter started in the beginning of November so that's definitely slowed us down.