Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Please welcome a little non Sheltie to our SN family

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by trini, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pictures...
    Rugby and Dante are certainly watchful guard dogs... nothing will get past those two!!

Thanks so much for sharing...

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Such heartwarming news about Rugby! Your dogs are as compassionate as you are, Trini, love the photos of the two small comrades, and then the photo of Sketch and Rugby tugs at your heartstrings. Sketch is doing so well after that big surgery and recovery. Hugs to you and all of your fur kids.

PS That Dante has a face to die for. I do love Poms.

Calliesmom likes this.
  3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Love Rugby and Sketchie :)
    Everyone needs a friend!
    I wish Gavin had a buddy to keep him company, but rental rules limit me to 1 dog :(

Calliesmom likes this.
  4. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Time for an update on our little old hospice Yorkie lad. Rugby spent 5 days/nights in the hospital last week with an acute flare-up of his chronic pancreatitis. He didn't respond to treatment at all and after 5 days with zero improvement we brought him home...no one expected him to make it and we didn't want his final hours to be spent in the hospital. But once home away from the stress of hospitalization and with a special liquid diet of water and protein only (no carbs which put more work on the pancreas) and medications (preds, gabapentin, trazadone and cerenia)...he is putting up a good fight and showing slow improvement. We are not yet out of the woods but for the first time in a week+ he is comfortable and there is actually hope we can give our sweet little old boy some more time with us.
    Trini

Sandy in CT, Hanne, Ann and 3 others like this.
  5. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    Oh no! I hope he continues to heal and has plenty of more time with you. Feel better little guy!

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Little Rugby is in the most loving and capable hands... We are pulling for you little guy. Glad you are back home with the ones you love! Blessings...

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Isn't it amazing and gratifying that simply being home in your good hands has led to a bit of improvement. Trini, sending all kinds of healing thoughts to your little Rugby, and all fingers crossed that he will rally and have more good time to enjoy your loving care. :fl :hugs

ghggp likes this.
  8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Dear trini - sure Rugby is in the best hands in your home :yes:

you have so much understanding and love that I really admire :hugs

ghggp likes this.
  9. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    With a heavy heart I am posting that we had to let our little Rugby go early Sunday morning. He had 4 good days after he came home from the hospital and then we hit a roller coaster with some down times but we still had hope that he would pull through. Late Thursday night he had 2 mini seizures and he went downhill rapidly after that. By Sunday morning we knew his little old body simply couldn't recoup and the only loving choice left was to let him go without further suffering. Rugby was only with us for 3 months, but he was one of the most deeply bonded and loving little souls we have ever had and his passing is incredibly painful. He was never more than a few feet from our sides, loved to take long snoozes in our laps and was such a sweet little boy. We miss him terribly but even in our heartache we are so thankful we had him to love for this brief moment in time.
    Trini
    IMG_1252 (2).JPG

Sharon7 and ghggp like this.
  10. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I am so very sorry for your loss! I hope it gives you some comfort that you made such a difference in his life these past few months. He went knowing he was loved.

Ann and ghggp like this.