Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Please welcome a little non Sheltie to our SN family

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by trini, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Sandy, you took the words out of my mouth!

Trini, I was also saddened by the loss of little Rugby. It was such a blessing that you stepped up to make his last few months full of love, comfort, and compassion.
    May he rest in peace knowing that he was cherished... run free little Rugby!

I know your heart and soul is saddened by his loss... yet, you made all the difference in the short time you were together! Virtual hugs. :hugs

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Ann and Sharon7 like this.
  2. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    Trini, so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that his 3 months with you were probably the best ones of his life.

Ann, Sharon7 and ghggp like this.
  3. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    I truly believe that every dog rescued knows and appreciates the care given in their new home and cross the bridge with lots of love in their hearts for their caring Moms and Dads. They take a wee piece of our hearts with them I know as most of us have been there. Deepest sympathies from Cooper and I.

Ann, Sharon7 and ghggp like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    The time you shared with Rugby was extra special because it was so brief. He was so lucky to spend his last months with you, getting loving care and cuddles. Thank you for caring so much for these little souls and opening your home and heart to them. I know Rugby knew how much he was loved. Sending you hugs and peace.

ghggp and Sharon7 like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Opening your heart and home to sweet little Rugby knowing the time would be short is the most selfless act, Trini. That doesn't make his loss any easier and I'm so sorry he has left you. I know how wrenching this is and I send loving and healing thoughts your way. What a lucky boy he was to have gone into hospice with you, probably the best time of his life. Please take comfort in knowing you made such a difference. :hugs

ghggp and Ann like this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    (I can not say it better than this)
    Trini so sorry for your loss of little Rugby :hugs

7. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Thank-you everyone for your kind words of sympathy on the passing of our precious little hospice boy. Even though Rugby had only been with us for such a short period of time he had woven himself deeply into our lives and our hearts. We miss our gentle little lad more than any words can say...I only wish he could have been granted more time, he loved life so much. Rugby and Dante (our little black pommie boy) had become inseparable and Dante is still searching for his friend...heartbreaking to watch.
    Trini

Hanne likes this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Trini, they make their way into our hearts with ease, especially when one has an open heart, as you do. Of course you are still mourning, as am I. I truly feel bad for Dante searching for his friend - Ally did this for her BFF Asta and it really was just wrenching to watch. I am just very sorry Rugby did not have more time in your wonderful home, experiencing what true love and appreciation are. :hugs

9. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    He is so adorable. 48221229982_34e3716a40.jpg Buck welcomes Rugby.

10. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Going through the posts to fast and I am so far behind. I should have given my sympathy.
    Your a fantastic lady Trini sending (((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))).