Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Please welcome Beau to Sheltie Nation!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by ghggp, Mar 11, 2018.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I am so proud to announce my new sheltie Beau Geste to my family and Sheltie Nation!

It has taken me quite a while to get back to my three sheltie pack. Finally, I found the right age, temperament, and liking cats was a plus!

Meet sweet, kind, and affectionate Beau! FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg IMG_9620.JPG
    JacqueZ, Jams, Shelby's mom and 6 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    How did you find this adorable bundle of sweetness? He has such a kind expression, Gloria! Tell us more about him! Congratulations. Now I am REALLY having sable Sheltie envy, between you and Chris suddenly adding new family members!! ;)
    ghggp likes this.
  3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Gloria - Congratulations with your new member, Beau to your family
    -such sweet a face and those eyes - oh my ---:hugs
    ghggp likes this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Beau is gorgeous, Gloria, congratulations!! So happy for you! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: Tell us all about him!
    ghggp likes this.
  5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    He is so handsome! Welcome to the pack, and the forum!
    ghggp likes this.
  6. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    My Beau says welcome to your Beau! He is beautiful and so sweet and gentle looking. How old is he and where did you find him?
    ghggp likes this.
  7. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Welcome Beau! We are looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in your new home!
    ghggp likes this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks all!

Little Beau was living with a very kind sweet senior lady with one 15-year-old senior and two-year-old female shelties.
    She wanted to rehome Beau. She came from California and was living in S. Carolina. She wanted to move back to California to be with close to her grandchildren. She recently sold her home and will be moving soon.

Beau is a 4-year-old AKC registered boy with about the sweetest temperament you would ever hope to find. She had him neutered because his ear set was too low to show. He is going to the Vet on Monday to get microchipped and checked out for a clean bill of health! We met half way... she drove 5-1/2 hours north and we drove 5-1/2 hours south to meet in Lexington Kentucky. 11 hours on the road is brutal and missing an hour because of daylight savings time has not helped.

When she pulled up she wanted to let her pups potty. She took out this TINY... and I mean TINY 15-year-old tri sheltie female. I was just in LOVE. She so adorable! I wanted to snatch her up and take her with me! TOO CUTE. She was about the friendliest little thing. I just have a huge soft spot for seniors!

I felt so bad as we loaded Beau into the crate in my car and we shut the door she burst into tears! I don't know how people can be breeders! I would end up keeping them all cause I could never part with them. The gentleman breeder that I got Baron from did the same thing! Makes you feel so bad! All I could do is hug her and let her know I would send her pictures and keep her updated on his progress. Of course, I had already sent pictures of my home and pictures of my boys... past and present so she could see how well they were cared for. Even sent references.

Beau was not happy in the crate and cried and paced... I took him out and he slept in my lap all the way home!

Beau has been great with Logan and Baron. Everyone is getting along so well. You gotta love shelties for their sweet nature and tolerant disposition.
    He had a cat buddy too. That sealed the deal for me. But, when he saw my black Persian cat he ran away! I think because my cat snorts maybe he thought he was hissing? Not sure yet. But, I am sure all will be fine in time.

He has eaten and was drinking too. However, he has not pooped yet. He did pee thank goodness... He is like my Laddie who never pooped on a walk or anywhere other than his gravel pen. Apparently, Beau is the same! Well, what goes in must come out eventually!
  10. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Congratulations, he is so handsome!

I remember picking Shelby up at the breeder, she was one of the families favorites. The breeders young son was extremely attached to her. I felt terrible taking her away from him. Especially when he cried and asked if he could hold her one last time.

I could never be a breeder for this exact same reason.
    ghggp likes this.