Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Plush Puppy

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by Smudge, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Smudge

Smudge Forums Sage

Jun 2, 2009
    AR
    I've heard of Plush Puppy shampoo being recommended on here a few times. I've tried Amazon, and I can't find it. I went to the Plush Puppy.net website, and they are out of the shampoos. :( Is there anywhere else to get them, and if not, what is another good brand of puppy shampoo? What are good products for puppy fur?

2. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    YEs I actually noticed that last week when I went to their site to order spray bottles....Hmmmm I wondered if they are re-orginizing their company as it also states they are no longer going to shows....
    For little puppies I use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo when they need shampooing, after 3 months old though I use regular dog shampoo on them, I personally use either Crown Royal (smells wonderful lol) or Chris Christensen Clean Start...both work well, Crown Royal makes a bit more suds so if they are REALLYYY dirty and stinky they get that (like they've gone to the ocean and played in the mud at low tide:rolleyes2:!! LOL!

3. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I love Mane and Tale Shampoo and conditioner, you can get it at Walmart. Very cheap and does such a nice job on the coat. Its not no tears though so not sure you'd want to use it on a really young puppy.

4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I do love my plush puppy products. But I order all mine on line (I am a bit addicted to ordering dog stuff online). They have reorganised their online shop here in Australia too so must something happening.

Try this site
    http://www.plushpuppyusa.com/home.html It also has a list of the shows where it will be available and the regional contacts. Does AR stand for Arizona? If it does then the local supplier is champion grooming supplies.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  5. granite

granite Forums Sage

Apr 6, 2008
    earth
    I also use puppy shampoo on puppies and young dogs that might sqinge around and get soap in their eyes. A dog that will stand for a bath can use several shampoos.

I don't shampoo mine on a regular basis. I don't have a mud patch in the yard anymore. When its rainy they go out to the 'poop yard', a fenced in area of concrete pavers so they can be out in the wet and not get muddy.

6. Smudge

Smudge Forums Sage

Jun 2, 2009
    AR
    Thanks! I thought I'd give this shampoo a try. I like the fact that it has a pump so I don't have to try and hold Smudge down with one hand and try to open and pour a bottle in the other. He doesn't need a bath now, but I'm sure he will sooner or later. :biggrin2:

Also, I forgot to add that AR stands for Arkansas.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  7. BarbV

BarbV Premium Member

I'm a fan of Chris Christensen products! I love their dry shampoo and Ice on Ice conditioner. I've not tried their regular shampoo, but if its anything like their other products, I'm sure it's great!

p.s. my second CC brush arrived today! I now have the 35mm oblong and the 20 mm oval gold pin! I'm in grooming heaven!

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  8. Smudge

Smudge Forums Sage

Jun 2, 2009
    AR
    I'm going to order some of those brushes as soon as Smudge starts getting in some fur. I am going to order the 20mm gold series oval pin brush, and the extra small Mark I slicker brush. He has a little bit of fur, but for now I am using a zoom groom. I don't think it would be a good brush for a dog with a lot of hair, but it's a nice cheap puppy brush. It can also double as a safe chew toy, so when he decides to grab it and run away I don't have to worry about him hurting himself with it. :yes:

9. Paleevar

Paleevar Forums Novice

May 17, 2018
    Iowa,Des Moines
    I'm sorry that I resurrect the old topic, but it's just that I myself once encountered this issue, and spent a lot of time to find really useful information.

I have three totally different dogs. I have a pit bull a chow chow and a shih tzu. my pit bull gets medicated tea tree shampoos or earth baths green tea which I absolutely love! or tropicleans aloe for the pit and chow chow. i use a basic tearless for the faces on all three. tho i just picked up nooties tearless its a natural shampoo but not one i'll be using again. i have 15 dif types of dog shampoos lol. i like buddy wash shampoo and conditioners too it has rose mary and mint soothing for the skin. but for my chow chow i recently ordered offline #1 all systems pure white lightening shampoo https://petapproves.com/best-smelling... it helps lighten stains. you can use it on white dogs and cream dogs so you can use it on both of your dogs. and than i use an espree conditioner after, next bottle i'll be going to the earth bath conditioner since thats what i use at work and i really do like earth bath products. i've also used the mane and tail shampoo mr chips is talking about i think the first time i had dreads? it is good shampoo too you can get it at walmart or sally's beauty supply. may be one of the only shampoos that are used on ppl i'd recommend on a dog.There are a lot of useful videos on this topic on Youtube, I will leave here one of them, as many often have similar questions.Good Luck. ...