Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Poor Kip got Stung

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Elei, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Elei

Elei Forums Regular

Jul 10, 2019
    :( This morning Kip's muzzle was slightly swollen on one side, then got more swollen. I took him to the vet, and she thinks he got stung by something (bee/wasp/yellow jacket - we don't know) and had an allergic reaction. The swollen area is very sore and he doesn't want to be touched on his face. Otherwise he still eats and is lively, but doesn't want to play with his toys. I think his muzzle hurts too much. The vet gave Kip a antihistamine, and I'm watching him closely to make sure it doesn't get worse. Poor Kip, I feel so sorry for him. :( I can't wait for him to be his normal happy self again.

2. Elei

Elei Forums Regular

Jul 10, 2019
    I'm happy to report that Kip is already feeling a bit more playful. He just grabbed one of his balls and was carrying it around.

Hanne, Ann and TheDailyPainter like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Awww poor little guy! Hopefully he's back to normal tomorrow. My younger boy Finnie (19 months) likes to try to get the bugs, fortunately he's never been stung!

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Poor Kip! I know how scary that is when you dog is stung by a bee! Especially as a pup. My Laddie was stung by a bee on his snout also as a pup. Off to the vet we went! He was better a few days after. Hope Kip gets better as time goes by.

Piper's mom likes this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Poor Kip! Hope he is back to normal! Our first doxie used to like to play with bees and reacted badly as well. I always have liquid Benedryl on hand, for the puppers and for the humans, just in case.

ghggp likes this.
  6. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Poor guy! From the land of stingers and stickers we send sympathy!

ghggp likes this.
  7. Elei

Elei Forums Regular

Jul 10, 2019
    Kip's muzzle is still a bit swollen, but less than yesterday. He is feeling much better!! Running around, playing, and back to his confident mischievous self. I'm so happy and relieved to see him feeling better.

ghggp likes this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So glad Kip is feeling better!
    What a relief!